Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@cwrb wrote:
I am curious why you bother with the community forum when it is a technical issue... 

It's often good to get an understanding of whether other people are being affected in the same way before bothering to exchange hardware, etc. A reboot or reset may be all that's required, or perhaps a call to Rogers or a PM to the Community Helps people here.  Going to a store and having a tech run costs a lot of time and money if the issue can be resolved in other ways.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cwrb: I am not sure if your were replying to my post (about time differences) or another post. One of your comments was that you have been in Markham for years and not experienced this. Does that imply that your have been using Rogers Ignite for years (this may not be a problem with regular Rogers cable)?

To add to my previous comments; CP 24 selected and overlaid with Rogers menu that shows Guide, Saved, and the time and temperature display. The time displayed in the Rogers menu is 10 seconds behind my PC and the CP24 time 15 seconds behind the Rogers menu.

It appears that this is a unique aspect of the Rogers IPTV Ignite service. Hard to imagine that this is a modem software problem syncing the time correctly, and I have no plans to take my modem to the store for replacement as it is a trivial issue for me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not going to go over the good value of the CF for regular customers who suddenly have a problem.
This is an install problem, and if not done correctly, Rogers will lose money as they will need to focus on a fix or return the customer to previous setup.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just became an ignite 500 customer a couple of weeks ago.
This type of problem would really bother me over time.
Good luck.

Hello Community!

To add to the current discussion regarding the delay that is experienced when viewing content I'd like to direct your attention to the Ask an Expert thread for IgniteTV back in August of this year. I recommend to anyone who is considering Ignite TV to check out the thread as there is a lot of useful information available. 

If you go to Post 52 one of our IgniteTV Product Managers explains why there is a delay in the video feed.

We also invite users to create new threads for questions regarding Ignite TV especially if it is a unique issue as this thread has become very large and difficult to navigate to find specific answers to questions and concerns.

As always thanks to all of you for joining the conversation and keeping our Community a great place to be. 😃

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx for doing the research. Something I would expect all moderators to do.
From a smartphone, it is very time consuming to look for related items in the CM.
Yes I agree, there should be some easy way to compartmentalize various area of ignite install and ensure all items are related to the install.
The post you referred to (52) is what everyone should expect for video feeds...a very slight delay.
However, a misaligned click is another problem.
When I turn on my tv, I immediately compare to my smartphone clock and they are identical.
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay, does anyone in the Newmarket area have Ignite TV and how does it work for you?  I want to try it but there are so many negative comments I am not sure what to do!   Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I am in Markham and had ignite 500 installed a couple of weeks ago.
Just be sure you don't let the installer leave until you are satisfied everything is working correctly.
The voice control remote is awesome ams saves a lot of time.
Everything works better and faster.
You should receive a call from a concierge, when you agree to install iignite. Be sure to use them if there are any concerns.
Remember, it is an install and Rogers must deliver the full working service, before your agree the install is complete.
I Plan to Stick Around

@pitfall21 wrote:

Okay, does anyone in the Newmarket area have Ignite TV and how does it work for you?  I want to try it but there are so many negative comments I am not sure what to do!   Thanks!

I am in Markham and do not have any negative experiences. The comments by @cwrb are valid, particularly the requirements of the installer.

Maybe we can help a bit more if you provide some details on your environment and requirement, e.g.,
- do you already have cable service to your home
- where would you like the modem installed
- how many TV's and where are they located
- do you have a telephone extension close to where the modem will be installed

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Bplayer,

I currently have:

Coda modem with 500 speed 5 feet from 2 hardwired PC's  (I use all 4 hardwired internet connections on the modem)

(1) 4k TV with a 4k box from Rogers, and hardwired to the modem for Netflix 4k in another room on the main floor

(1) 4k TV (wireless) for Netflix/video games in the basement

(1) A 1080p TV with a Rogers digital box upstairs

No Home Phone

***Approximately 10-12 devices using wireless

So I am looking for (2/3) IPTV boxes (main floor and upstairs), modem, and probably a mesh network.  I think the new modem only has 2 ports on the back so I will need to use a data splitter box I guess.  

I am super afraid the new modem is laggy and I will have to go back to my original setup for gaming.etc  Don't want to waste $150 for an install that may not work!