Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

So i have ignite TV.... Anyone else have these issues? And tech support never helps me always says things are fine??

Live TV like NHL games etc are all about 40-45 seconds behind aswell as TV shows.... I watched new years count down and it was 1min and 20 seconds behind midnight.

4K channels always skip or freeze

Anyone have these issues or have an idea how to fix this?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BigDupes wrote:
Live TV like NHL games etc are all about 40-45 seconds behind as well as TV shows.... I watched new years count down and it was 1min and 20 seconds behind midnight.

4K channels always skip or freeze

Some live programming is delayed by the "broadcaster". In the US it's even mandated due to potential swearing, etc.  I believe it's not quite as long as you mention though.

Have you tried looking at CP24?  How does the time compare to actual time?  I assume you're not doing "pause live TV" which will bring a delay of a few seconds into play as well.

There has been mention of 4K issues (see the TSN4K thread here, but it doesn't appear to affect everyone, so it may be signal related, or area specific, like the Ottawa head end.

I Plan to Stick Around

Imo, it is a access speed problem.
I could ask you a lot of questions, as tech supp should do, but I assume you have a HIGH speed ignite service as I do, and all your equipment is working.
Get tech supp to check your system online. You might also use Speednet.net to check your access speed.
If you just started with ignite, you should have access to a concierge.
But, IMO, tech supp should be interested in solving this problem for future customers.
I'm Here A Lot

So on channels that show time... 6:13pm but its actually 6:15pm .... thats mintues behind
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting, you say 6:15PM, however, the time-stamp on your post was 6:14. Are you sure you've got the "correct time" on the device you're comparing the box signals to?  For example, I get the time on my Mac Mini automatically from the web and it agrees with CP24 on my 9865 PVR (within about 5 seconds with CP24 those 5 seconds behind due to digital box processing)

Do your programmes start recording "on time"?  When you watch them back, do they start on the hour or half hour?  Again, try CP24 or similar channel with time stamped information.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes i have the correct time.... New Years eve everyones phone said midnight but the countdown on the TV was still over a mintue away.... My friends text me when watching hockey games about a goal that i haven't even seen yet.... you question me like im crazy or something
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not crazy, just wanting to be sure you had the correct time on whatever device you were using to compare.  We haven't heard other people with this issue.  Have you rebooted the system?  Where are you located (roughly).

Do your recordings start "on time"?

I Plan to Stick Around

The time delay is not a concern for me, but here is my informal measurements compared to my Win 10 PC:

- Android phone is 2 seconds behind

- CP 24 is 27 second behind

- CNN is 35 seconds behind

I am in Markham.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have lived in Markham for quite a few years and have never had this problem.
I am curious why you bother with the community forum when it is a technical issue... Rogers problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

It just occurred to me your modem software is not synching the time correctly.
Again, just take the modem to a Rogers store and ask for a new one.
If unsure how to install it, tell them and they should contact a tech person.