Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

It's not laziness it's being a contract worker.They only get paid for what they are suppose to do.

Mine had 4 boxes.The tech shows up and wants to hardwire them all and does after I had to give him a switch. Wireless I guess he doesn't like it or get trained on it. 

Tried to leave before the home phone was working with no dial tone and signed off the work order with his signature.

Had another tech come back and wireless connect all boxes and install 3 mesh boxes.At least he spent the time to get it right.

Like above I have my account in limbo now for 17 days can't add the Super Sports Package (or any channels) or change my flex channels.My concierge has been left 3 messages now and hasn't returned 1  yet. Pretty soon it will be time to pack up the equipment and drop it off, I have spent hours trying to get this resolved and nobody can answer when.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@yyz64 wrote:

It's not laziness it's being a contract worker.They only get paid for what they are suppose to do.

I actually suspect that the techs' management team might be more to blame for some of these issues than the techs themselves.

The techs seem to be under intense pressure to complete a certain number of jobs per day.  I had a "10AM to Noon" installation booked and my tech arrived only minutes before the end of this window.  Technically, he was on time but seemed rather stressed because it was early in the day and he was already behind schedule.  I'm not complaining.  The guy did a good job and wanted to do things well.  He probably took longer on the previous job because he wanted to take the time to do things right.  However, if they have schedule pressure, I can understand why techs might be reluctant to do anything more than what's on their work order.

I don't know if this is the case anymore but some subcontractors get paid per-dispatch in addition to the tasks on a rate card.  So, if a tech goes above and beyond and combines two jobs into one, not only could he/she potentially start running late, they might also get into trouble from their manager for the loss of revenue from an extra job that they could have been sent out for.  I also don't know how thin their profit margins are.  It would be even worse if an unscrupulous manager were to "encourage" them to intentionally introduce problems on an install that don't look like defects (e.g. loosened connector) just to get an extra dispatch to resolve a problem that can be fixed quickly... and also ease the schedule pressure for that day.

Again, this is all just a guess on my part.