Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 71

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 360

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions


@Nick_W wrote:

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.


Is your own modem bridged or ROGERS modem bridged??

 

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 426

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

With Ignite TV it is always Roger's VB6 modem.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 360

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions


@Biollw wrote:

With Ignite TV it is always Roger's VB6 modem.


I know that much!

I was asking Nick_W if his comment about bridged modem is his own Modem/router or Rogers.

 

 

Think1st
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 4

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

I had an Apple Airport connected, not bridged. I am not sure if he bridged the Rogers. Did not work regardless of what tried.

New Apple TV 4K worked in 5 minutes, watched a live Leafs game that night streaming from CBC app.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 426

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Netflix....if I go into netflix on the ignite box if I am looking for something to watch and stay highlighted on a show it blacks out then comes back running the trailer.

 

This is annoying  and I would like to shut off the playing of the trailer whole browsing.

 

Is there a way?

 

Thnx

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 360

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

I don’t think you can disable that.
To be fair that is not Rogers. It’s Netflix app
I have that on all my Netflix apps as long as they are on latest version including Spple TV and Xbox One
Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 71

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions


@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Nick_W wrote:

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.


Is your own modem bridged or ROGERS modem bridged??

 


Rogers modem, I don’t have a modem, I have a router.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 360

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions


@Nick_W wrote:

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Nick_W wrote:

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.


Is your own modem bridged or ROGERS modem bridged??

 


Rogers modem, I don’t have a modem, I have a router.


Interesting that you bridged Rogers Modem/router and still works for you.

That was my idea so I can use my own ASUS router but I have been forced to use Rogers as Modem/router (just disable wifi) and use my router as 2nd one  (Double Nat).

It works this way but not what I wanted.

Glad to hear bridging Roger Modem works for some.

 

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 426

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Why double nat?I have two ASUS routers and have them set as access points so no double nat.

 

I have my VB6 set in bridge mode and have my Netgear as prime router. All xi6 works .