Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Thank you for your input

Genec

I Plan to Stick Around

One last question I hope.I currently subscribe to ignite 150 on the internet.If I do switch to ignite tv will the modem be changed and if so will the new modem be compatible with my Google wifi whole home mesh wifi wifi system.

thanks

Genec

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ignite TV subscribers get the Arris VB6 modem/gateway regardless of Inet speed ordered.

Don't know about the google wifi

I Plan to Stick Around

This has been the absolute worst service I have ever had from any telco ever!

We have had ignite tv since beginning of september and has been nothing but problems...poor quality picture, frozen video while audio continues, black screens, blue screens, frozen on menu, unresponsive remotes, audio and video repeating like it was skipped back 20 seconds...major delay on sporting events (I would get notifications from apps about scores 30 seconds before it happened on tv and with legacy I would get app notification about 5 seconds after it happened on tv)...slow internet speeds (had ignite internet before adding the ignite tv)...not to mention I was lied to upon signing up, I was told the ignite app was Cast enabled so I could cast from the app on my phone to smart tv or googlecast to the tv in my garage where we had a legacy box before to watch sports...techs have been to the house multiple times, been on the phone with useless tech support that does nothing more but reboot the box and/or modem to "fix" the problem. 

Luckily I own my legacy boxes and still have them but concierge is set on getting us to keep this ignite service and promise to get it working 100% as it should...so far its still not as my wife calls me today that its not working again which is no big surprise to me as its come to be expected by me...Legacy just worked, this on the other hand does not, at least not for us...especially frustrating when rogers internet goes down you cant even watch TV or anything recorded well because its all in the "cloud"

This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back and they are gonna have to come uninstall this and refund everything put out for this service and give me a killer deal on legacy...currently waiting on response from my concierge now

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is one downside on the service, (compared to legacy cable)... that if the internet goes down.. so does the TV.  Vs on legacy it can stay up.

Generally, it does seem more a local issue to you though.

Most of us who have it so far.. while have had a few bugs (main one for me some recordings randomly just stop and have to re start)... generally dont have the issues that you describe.
The picture quality i have had is the same if not better than with the NB3 I had.

Most of all the issues that you have described, seem most likely would be signal related.
Between the signal to the box itself, or signal to the house (or both), as you said you are not getting the right speeds either.

Personally? Seems like a BAD install to me Smiley Sad
(and bad consecutive techs out?)
The guy who did mine spent over 2 hours helping set it all up.  Ensured that the wifi was right in all the house (added the Eero mesh network) and all the boxes were paired, and good signal.  And that the box signal is good.  I moved from 100u up to the 500u.  And I am able to get 500+ regularily on speed tests with no issues.
One time I was having issues with my box.. did get some help that its main issue was, walked me through to show it me was paired with the WRONG wireless mesh node, causing most of the issues.  Walked me through re-connecting the wifi to the closer node.

Hopefully something gets sorted out for you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genec wrote:

One last question I hope.I currently subscribe to ignite 150 on the internet.If I do switch to ignite tv will the modem be changed and if so will the new modem be compatible with my Google wifi whole home mesh wifi wifi system.

thanks

Genec

SHOULD be able to?

I am currently on the rogers provided mesh, the Eero.
The modem is NOT bridged and just using them as APs.

The only thing if using them as your own, especially if you end up bridging with the google home, you'll have to manually connect the TV boxes to your wifi... and there may be some additional settings that have to be done to get youtube, netflix, etc working on the box (you can read through this thread to find some others who have troubleshooted this)

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @cynikalmindset,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I don't blame you for being at your wits end from what I've read, but rest assured, you're certainly in touch with the right team to get this nipped in the bud.

Please keep us and the Community updated of the out come. Good or bad, we appreciate all feed back and we want to ensure we do what we can to resolve it.

Kind regards,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your input
Genec
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

That is one downside on the service, (compared to legacy cable)... that if the internet goes down.. so does the TV.  Vs on legacy it can stay up.

Generally, it does seem more a local issue to you though.

Most of us who have it so far.. while have had a few bugs (main one for me some recordings randomly just stop and have to re start)... generally dont have the issues that you describe.
The picture quality i have had is the same if not better than with the NB3 I had.

Most of all the issues that you have described, seem most likely would be signal related.
Between the signal to the box itself, or signal to the house (or both), as you said you are not getting the right speeds either.

Personally? Seems like a BAD install to me Smiley Sad
(and bad consecutive techs out?)
The guy who did mine spent over 2 hours helping set it all up.  Ensured that the wifi was right in all the house (added the Eero mesh network) and all the boxes were paired, and good signal.  And that the box signal is good.  I moved from 100u up to the 500u.  And I am able to get 500+ regularily on speed tests with no issues.
One time I was having issues with my box.. did get some help that its main issue was, walked me through to show it me was paired with the WRONG wireless mesh node, causing most of the issues.  Walked me through re-connecting the wifi to the closer node.

Hopefully something gets sorted out for you.

The connection at the street was bad, they came out and fixed that...all signals tested within spec and tech went on his way after about an hour at the house...okay, my gigabit speeds are somewhere in the high 400mbps range steady which is a far cry from gigabit but according to all tests the signal is okay and within spec...so without fail every sunday night we sit down to watch the world's best tv show (90 day fiance) and bam, problems arise again...audio/video glitches, black screen for a couple mins etc. The modem for this box is literally 18" away from one another...so it may be a bad box but according to field techs and online tech support the box tests fine and within spec for signal and noise etc. I have family in the same area that also experience the same issues as I do with the service and have had several techs out etc...maybe its a waterloo region thing lol. 

I'm kinda willing to grind it out but my wife isn't so lenient with new tech and the hiccups that go along with it not to mention having to deal with screaming baby when teletubbies stops working and going through box resets etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cynikalmindset

I feel your pain .. yours seems worst ...

WeI have had Ignite TV for 4 weeks now. The first 2 days were horrible. Much like you, the router would crash, needed to be unplugged to reset like every hour. The first tech replaced the modem. It did not crash but now we were getting a reset of the modem where it would disconnect, everything dies for 30 seconds and then resets itself. This include TV, internet and phone. This continued for almost 3 weeks. A senior tech come over, replace an old connector and the ground. Both were very old. My service has been perfect since … and I might add very enjoyable.

In my opinion, the ground was the culprit …  since the house was built 32 years ago, we had a lot of work done including a whole home surge protector. Perhaps, the old ground was connected after the surge protector and therefore no longer grounded?? The tech changed it to the cold water intake pipe and we have not had a problem since.

So it took us around 3 weeks to get the problem solved with much frustration as my wife works from home and the telephone was cutting during conference calls and dropping the internet. We almost gave up ourselves.