Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Third time lucky

I have my third install date for next Monday in the last four months. Up to three weeks ago not much has been accomplished with the first two installs, except for why it can't be done that day. Finally, the cable has been run from the tie in to my house. This took four visits from five techs and then another company put the cable in, in about five hours. We shall see what happens on Monday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hello, @OutInTheCountry

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It really should not take so many attempts to have the Ignite TV service installed. I know how inconvenient the entire experience must have been up until this point. I am confident we can finally get this resolved for you.

Let us know how things go with the installation on next Monday!

My fingers are crossed that it goes well for you. 🙂

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Installation was today and completed in just under two hours. The two techs who were here did a very professional job and TV, internet and home phone are working perfectly. The wait was worth it, and thanks to all who helped us along the way. I really like the voice input on the remote, makes things much easier.

I'm Here A Lot

Is there a way to remove duplicate channels besides adding a bunch to favourites? Why are there so many duplicate channels?
I've Been Around

This is the worst garbage TV service I have ever experienced! I made the switch from Digital last year after having issues with that service as well from Rogers. I was promised the world with ignite TV, with all of its "bells and whistles". 5 technicians later (including 2 "senior" techs) I AM STILL EXPERIENCING LAGGING TV, HEAVY PIX-ELATED PICTURE & SOUND DISAPPEARING ETC. Garbage hardware must be the only answer - NEED TO OFER CUSTOMERS BETTER ROUTERS with this streaming service noting TV's are located on multiple floors and running on WiFi signal - even though my internet speed is "1GB" still experiencing these issues. Unbelievable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not knowing what the techs have done.. very hard to say what possible solutions might be/what is effecting your specifically.

Not saying Ignite is perfect, far from it.
But there are a lot of users on here, who do have the service, and are not experiencing the same issues.

The only time i have ever experienced pixelation on ignite so far, was back when they were having issues globally with recorded programs. General playback is fine and clear.  Internet speeds are good, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue.  After having ignite installed yesterday evening.  Had a tech back out today.  He was able to connect all devices again.  However due to the first very poor installation I had to unplug the modem and to untangle the mess the first tech left.  He left and my living room tv wasn’t even connecting to the network.  By the next morning all three ignite tv box’s stopped working.  And once again some - not all- devices and even select web pages don’t work or can’t find the network.   My Alexa is on the network this time, but my Phillips smart tv cannot connect to the network.  My ignite cable is connecting this evening but it wasn’t earlier. One of my smart plugs doesn’t connect anymore but the other does although it is functioning.  My smart life app no longer connects.  Calling Rogers was pointless as their technical support was unable to troubleshoot it at all.  The tech that came today to fix the first disaster install did it all from his phone and didn’t even touch my devices.  Initial install was on Friday, tech came to fix the install on Saturday and on Monday the third tech is coming out to reconnect my network on select devices.  Clearly there is an issue they aren’t aware of yet.  Sad I may have to resort to going back to the old services as the new ones don’t function properly after a simple reboot which is the fix for any issue as per norm.  Box reboots half the stuff can’t find network.  Completely dissatisfied. 

Hey @Raw_78.

This is certainly not the welcome to Ignite TV we'd have imagined for you! Have you spoken yet to your concierge contact regarding the issues you're facing? It's likely another technician will need to be dispatched under "failed install." This will ensure that the technician visiting will have the required information and time to set this up properly for you.

Let us know how it goes!

@RogersAndy

I'm Here A Lot

Considering all the issues with Rogers Ignite - freezing pictures, audio gaps, delayed channel changes, PVR issues, etc, I believe it is time for Rogers to admit their product is defunct and issue a recall. What do people think? I mean, clearly it’s giving everyone problems and we want to go back to our old cable boxes...

I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV is based on Comcast system that is perfectly functional in US.

My sister is using their service. This is Rogers not spending money to upgrade their backend servers or their lines.

I/m very close to jump ship if my freezing issue is not resolved by end of the month.