Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Yeah been there done that year ago when jumped on ignite TV. 3 days of no service!

Not sure how can Rogers allow this to happen.

Once you get your service you will be with other issues... (Waiting for 3 weeks now for OOP to provide update on my freezing after 8 PM).

Unless you're one of the lucky ones on ignite TV that will have flawless service.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I updated on your other thread about it.. its most likely a infrastructure issue in the area. 
(bar it being say a server issue for where your feed from in  your area).
But generally time of day issues are more infrastructure.

If your able to get anyone to escalate it.. get them to send the maintenance teams out to the area, DURING those peak times, and track down where the failing node, street feed, etc that is failing.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Gdkitty,

Thank you for your response and all information. Also yes I saw your post in other thread.

Problem is that I shouldn't be telling all this to Rogers!

They are the service provider and their "ADMIN" on this forum should be able to force backend to look into this.

I don't have time to do this for something that I pay premium $$

Having said that after 5 tech and ongoing call to managers and support and OOP, they know its their back end but not sure why taking so long to fix.

gmoney63
I've Been Here Awhile

A few questions about moving to Ignite

1. - If I go online to my account and order Ignite for TV, Internet and Home Phone when would my current rogers services stop? In other words I don't want my current services to stop until I have the new Ignite services up and running.

2. - How do I select my flex channels? Specifically how do I remove and add flex channels?

3. - When do I, or when can I, select my flex channels? Do I pick them when I order the service? Is this done online or do I have to contact Rogers in person? Can you change them if your tastes / watching habits change?

4. - If I attempt a self-install but then require help will I be without Internet, TV and Home Phone until an on-site service can be scheduled or will my current setup continue to work?

5. - I maintain a land-line home phone because my wife and I have parents in their late 80's and we are reluctant to change things for the time being. So I have numerous land line phones, some wired and some cordless with base-stations and I read somewhere that the new Ignite modem provides only a single RJ11 port to connect in either a single wired or single base station to it. Is it possible to simply connect that port into a jack in the house and provide phone connectivity to all jacks in the home?

6. - Lastly, in my current setup I have a very good router and I have put my Rogers Hitron modem into Bridge-Mode. So my router (not Hitron) is assigning DHCP IP addressing I would like to do the same thing with the Ignite but I realize that in order to do that I would need to route my TVs through the router. Is this a common setup possibility with Ignite.

Many thanks.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gmoney63 wrote:

A few questions about moving to Ignite

1. - If I go online to my account and order Ignite for TV, Internet and Home Phone when would my current rogers services stop? In other words I don't want my current services to stop until I have the new Ignite services up and running.

I believe that the switchover takes place when your new Ignite modem gets installed.  As far as I know, you cannot have Rogers Ignite and legacy services active at the same time.  @CommunityHelps , could you please confirm/clarify this?

2. - How do I select my flex channels? Specifically how do I remove and add flex channels?

3. - When do I, or when can I, select my flex channels? Do I pick them when I order the service? Is this done online or do I have to contact Rogers in person? Can you change them if your tastes / watching habits change?

You do this by signing into MyRogers.  Just go into your TV service area and you will find an "Exchange Flex Channels" button.  You will see this tool once the Ignite TV service gets added to your MyRogers account.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/exchange-ignite-tv-channels

When I signed up for Ignite TV two years ago, I was able to make an unlimited number of Flex channel changes during the first 30 days.  That allows you to see which channels you like or don't like and settle on a channel lineup that works well for you going forward.  Once that grace period is over, you will not be able to make another change until 30 days after your last Flex Channel exchange.  At that point, you can exchange as many Flex Channels as you want but you have to live with your choices for another 30 days.

If you have a limited number of Flex Channels, try to schedule your Flex Channel changes around Free Previews to maximize the number of channels available to you.

4. - If I attempt a self-install but then require help will I be without Internet, TV and Home Phone until an on-site service can be scheduled or will my current setup continue to work?

If your telephone service is with Bell, I would start off by ordering Ignite TV and Internet.  The installation of those services are pretty straightforward.  Replace your Hitron modem with the new Ignite gateway, perform the basic setup, then power up the Ignite set-top boxes and they will automatically discover the gateway and connect to WiFi automatically.

Once Ignite TV and Internet are set up and running, you can then port your Bell Home Phone service to Ignite Home Phone at a later date.

5. - I maintain a land-line home phone because my wife and I have parents in their late 80's and we are reluctant to change things for the time being. So I have numerous land line phones, some wired and some cordless with base-stations and I read somewhere that the new Ignite modem provides only a single RJ11 port to connect in either a single wired or single base station to it. Is it possible to simply connect that port into a jack in the house and provide phone connectivity to all jacks in the home?

That depends.  It's not quite that simple.  You will first need to physically disconnect the wires of the incoming Bell service from your in-home telephone wiring before you wire up Ignite Home Phone.  Also, you can't do this trick if you have a monitored home alarm system; you need to wire in Ignite Home Phone in such a way that your alarm system can seize the telephone line.

6. - Lastly, in my current setup I have a very good router and I have put my Rogers Hitron modem into Bridge-Mode. So my router (not Hitron) is assigning DHCP IP addressing I would like to do the same thing with the Ignite but I realize that in order to do that I would need to route my TVs through the router. Is this a common setup possibility with Ignite.

This is possible but if you should ever run into any technical problems with your service, Rogers will not be able to support you in this configuration.

FYI, you may also find the following thread helpful: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Questions-about-Ignite-Service-and-Setup/td-p/471673

gmoney63
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi -G-

Thanks so much for the super quick reply to my many questions.

For clarity I am currently on Rogers Internet, Rogers TV and Rogers Home Phone so there will be no porting of anything from another carrier required.

Since I am currently on Rogers Home Phone and my home alarm system does not use the phone lines I should simply be able to plug an RJ11 cable from my wall jack into the Ignite Gateway and the wired handsets in my home should work as normal.

Once again, thanks a million for such a quick and detailed reply.