Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

The Comcast deployment in the U.S. (and Shaw's) is not all-IP. It's mostly the new X1 software on an old-school QAM-based backend with old school-style STBs, PVRs, etc. In other words, in my view, Comcast fixed what was broken (the dated front-end interface that didn't appeal at all to younger clients) and kept what was working (the 'broadcast-style' backend where all boxes tune into the same signal).

Rogers, for better or worse, insisted on an all-IP architecture, a move also followed by Videotron when they adopted the X1 platform. The Xi6 boxes used by Rogers/Videotron are used in Comcast-land too, but in a completely different way - as 'satellite' boxes that connect to a master box inside the home.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BrendanCharles 

The thing is, not EVERYONE is having the issues.   A % of them are yes.
But not everyone.

And along that thought process.. if Ignite should be recalled.  So should have digital TV.  
Going back, there was as much if not MORE issues with digital TV across the years. 
(again, most effecting only some and not all)
Guess we should all go back to SD analog TV?

I Plan to Stick Around

@BrendanCharles 

I have ignite TV installed in my Home since May of 2019 -- all my family member's are very satisfied with the Ignite TV Experience. I am also in the Tech field and have over 20 of my clients using Ignite TV and all of them are - so far - also very pleased. In my situation and the Clients I service >>> all are using the Technicolor Gateway in BRIDGE mode so 'we' have far more control of the environment based on the Routers being used and the corresponding Wireless Access Points.

If you are having issues I suspect that its tied to the 'stability' of your Internet Service and/or poor installation disciplines  by the Techs Rogers are using  -- just be patient and pester the Rogers Tech Support to resolve your issues. The CRITICAL PART is that your Internet Service must be "persistently stable" and that your home installation is competently done based on the number of devices that actually access [may access] your home network.

Rogers is currently very 'aggressively' updating their NETWORK so stability is being improved daily -- but the Network is huge so it takes time before all areas will have the needed stability,

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty- I agree with you. Even though the Ignite TV has it's issues, it is far, far superior in every way to digital tv. I would never want to go back to digital tv

I Plan to Stick Around

Agree here too! No problems whatsoever with our installation and quality is superior to what our digital cable was. Two TVs hooked up.
I Plan to Stick Around

We had an excellent tech who I could tell had good knowledge of the product and used proper installation practices. I have some general IT experience and we had a good discussion about the technology. It was clear he had a passion for what he was doing and it reflected in his work.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Andy,

I have two more techs come out since the install. It appears to have been an issue with Ethernet cable from my home monitoring system the first tech plugged into my infinite modem causing the interference. Things seem to running much better but now my ignite cable tv in my bedroom isn’t working. Sad, as I have all my services with Rogers for many years now and everything “was” running perfectly on the old system. I love the ignite and the guide interface but need all my services to be running “consistently” which unfortunately is not the case. I only have two HDMI ports on that tv and neither are showing me any channels again. I am waiting for the supervisor to call me since yesterday. No call yet.

Highlighted

Hey @Raw_78!

I'm so glad to hear that things are up and running smoother! Albeit a bit disappointing that it's all but one set top box. I'm hoping that by now you've heard from the supervisor but if for any reason you haven't I definitely recommend reaching out to us @CommunityHelps. We'd like to review the signal to that box and look into the escalation for you.

For more information on our PM system check out our blog.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Ignite Tv Activation waiting 24 to 48 hours or more? Had ignite tv and a new wifi modem installed Feb 14th (to upgrade from our cable package) with no service since then. Tech came that day to install and he left saying he couldn’t do anything but that our service would be activated that night. Of course it was not so I’ve called 4 times since then from Friday to Sunday and all I’ve heard is that my ticket has been escalated with no other options for me in the meantime. I have no service whatsoever in my house. Tonight (Sun) I was told by a manager that they can’t give me an estimated time on when this may be fixed. I’ve talked to as many people as I could and was told that I could not speak to the “backend team” working on this ticket. Has anyone had this issue before and who else should I contact about this? I’m not looking foreword to sitting around for week with no service if it ends up taking that long.

Good evening

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for sharing your issue with us.

While we hope your services are successfully activated at this point, we would love the opportunity to look into this for you and try to make this right.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersMaude