Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

It's not laziness it's being a contract worker.They only get paid for what they are suppose to do.

Mine had 4 boxes.The tech shows up and wants to hardwire them all and does after I had to give him a switch. Wireless I guess he doesn't like it or get trained on it. 

Tried to leave before the home phone was working with no dial tone and signed off the work order with his signature.

Had another tech come back and wireless connect all boxes and install 3 mesh boxes.At least he spent the time to get it right.

Like above I have my account in limbo now for 17 days can't add the Super Sports Package (or any channels) or change my flex channels.My concierge has been left 3 messages now and hasn't returned 1  yet. Pretty soon it will be time to pack up the equipment and drop it off, I have spent hours trying to get this resolved and nobody can answer when.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@yyz64 wrote:

It's not laziness it's being a contract worker.They only get paid for what they are suppose to do.

I actually suspect that the techs' management team might be more to blame for some of these issues than the techs themselves.

The techs seem to be under intense pressure to complete a certain number of jobs per day.  I had a "10AM to Noon" installation booked and my tech arrived only minutes before the end of this window.  Technically, he was on time but seemed rather stressed because it was early in the day and he was already behind schedule.  I'm not complaining.  The guy did a good job and wanted to do things well.  He probably took longer on the previous job because he wanted to take the time to do things right.  However, if they have schedule pressure, I can understand why techs might be reluctant to do anything more than what's on their work order.

I don't know if this is the case anymore but some subcontractors get paid per-dispatch in addition to the tasks on a rate card.  So, if a tech goes above and beyond and combines two jobs into one, not only could he/she potentially start running late, they might also get into trouble from their manager for the loss of revenue from an extra job that they could have been sent out for.  I also don't know how thin their profit margins are.  It would be even worse if an unscrupulous manager were to "encourage" them to intentionally introduce problems on an install that don't look like defects (e.g. loosened connector) just to get an extra dispatch to resolve a problem that can be fixed quickly... and also ease the schedule pressure for that day.

Again, this is all just a guess on my part.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

Ordered Rogers Ignite TV and Internet on Saturday, installation date was scheduled for Monday so I took the day off work. Installation tech did not show up. Called Rogers and they told me my order was stuck in reserve so it did not get dispatched with the technician. First of all, nice job notifying the customer that there was an issue with my order so I didn't have to burn a day off at work. I wasn't happy and asked them if I could re-book, they said that I could but then came back shortly and said that it's still stuck in reserve.. this was all Monday evening. Case got escalated to a manager and they said it will take 24-48 hours before this issue is resolved, and then I could call back and schedule an appointment for install. 

I called back this morning (Tuesday) for an update on the case, agent is now saying it could take between 2-3 days before I can even schedule an install appointment. apparently I am not the only customer with this issue, hence why it's taking the backend team so long to get these issues resolved. And apparently this is not the first occurrence of this type of situation happening. My question is, how can any company at this point not have a work around for such a silly issue? At the end of the day it's a simple update on a DB table to change the status of the order.. or development on the front end side to allow the customer care team to override these type of issues. 

Personally I am totally frustrated with this experience, there's no integrity of trust in the process.. pondering Bell, but IMO the price of their service is not even comparable at this time in my area, but it might be worth it considering this horrible experience 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cancelled my order with Rogers and ordered Bell Fibe100 + Alt Premium TV for 84/month. The Rogers deal offered was much better, however the support was horrendous and the process to install archaic.. Rogers should be ashamed of themselves regarding the level of support throughout this incident, pathetic

Hello @julray,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums. We are so sad to learn that you've decided to cancel your services with us and truly wish that there was a better outcome. ☹️

If by any sliver of hope you have a change of heart, we would love to hear back from you! Simply send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll do our utmost to assist! 🙂

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kindest of regards,

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I replied back in PM, awaiting response

Thanks

Hi @julray!

Thanks for the PM. I've just responded to it now! 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I have been using ignite tv for a few days now and I am very impressed with the quality of the streaming.  Even 4K is good but stutters at times as the router cant keep up for a long time.  I measured it and it produces 25MB/s which is a lot for a wireless signal to sustain.  I will be running an ethernet cable to the tv that uses 4k.  A regular HD channel takes aprox. 5MB/s

Other than that I would like to see the guide come back from the nextbox 3 they were much nicer and had the current program still displayed and the guide was easier to read.  This guide was 100x better than the ignite guide.

Also can we have the option to have the last button go instantly to the last channel you were at or have the history of channels.  This is VERY VERY ANNOYING having to push the back button than select channel than enter.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!

I am sure there will be other ways to make this tv experience better but for now this would be a great start!

Also would like to note that even the technician had to say this before showing the guide because it is the #1 complaint EVERYONE has!!!!!!

Thanks for reading.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I'm in a unique position, I currently have Bell Fibe100 and Rogers Ignite 500 installed. Modems are pretty much in the same location. I got Rogers Ignite installed this morning, I've had Bell for a week. 

While the technician was here, I tested the Rogers wifi speed from my dining room table.. I was getting speeds 500+ mbps. I thought wow, this is awesome and unexpected. Before the technician left he said that he had to disconnect for 10 minutes while finalized everything outside my house. After this was complete and the technician left I checked the speed again from the same location, speed is now down to 50 mbps. I'm ok with that over wifi, however that's a drastic drop. I decided to check Bell in the same location over Wifi... 80 mbps. 

Thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@julray : Are you able to make a hard-wired connection to the modem using a laptop or something similar?  If so, please do that test.  What do you get if you move your WiFi device closer to the modem - do you get 500 then?  If you're paying for 500 and only getting 50, but saw 500 earlier, perhaps there was some sort of provisioning error during those 10 minutes...  

If you can't get the 500 you pay for you may wish to PM the moderators here. I have found them most useful in getting issues resolved, especially once you've done all the necessary testing, like hard wired, etc.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...