Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@WJW2 : You stated that you reviewed posts here before switching. If you did do a thorough review you would have read:

1. That if WiFi is poor you'll need some form of "extender" (either Mesh at extra cost, or perhaps negotiated down in price) or perhaps powerline adapters or some other option.

2. The ability to schedule programming (manage PVR) is not available.  Here's but one recent example.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/WANT-Scheduling-recording-from-phone-app/m-p/441789#...

I'm sorry that you think you were misled, however, it's typical that CSRs "oversell" the product and you must make sure yourself that you will get what you need.

Let's just hope that the IgniteTV works for you since most people consider it a superior product to the old digital cable.

I'm Here A Lot

Just had the Ignite TV bundle set up 4 days ago. We received a letter in the mail from Rogers advertising it, so called in and wanted to see what they would offer us.

Ended up getting the Premier channel package, Crave+Movies+HBO free for first year, 150 Mbps unlimited internet, and Home Phone for slightly less than what we were paying for all those types of services before. (About $10/mo less.) There was also a $100 discount on the installation fee.

While the customer service reps at Rogers have all been very courteous, our initial technician visit made a poor first impression. After he arrived, he was inside for 10 minutes and then said he had to go outside. A few minutes later, we noticed he was gone. Thought maybe he'd forgotten something, and would be back. But after waiting an hour, it was clear he wouldn't be returning. Had to call Rogers and find out what was going on. Was told he'd made a note that we'd need a temporary line, then left without saying a word.

A second technician visit was scheduled. Since the first technician rudely left without saying a word, and completely wasted our time, a Rogers customer service rep said the remainder of the installation fee would be waived. So it should end up being completely free. (Will check the first bill to make sure of that!)

The second technician did a great job, and even returned later with an Ethernet switch after I requested it. (Since the Modem/Gateway only has two ports, and we needed more.) As suspected, we didn't need a temporary line at all. Especially considering we already had working cable internet with another ISP, beforehand. The temporary line excuse just seemed to be a way for the tech to go home early that day.

The only thing I could criticize about the second visit, is the tech didn't explain how to use the Home Phone, set up the Modem Gateway, or verify that the Internet was working with any device other than the Ignite TV box. Had figure out all of those myself.

As for the services themselves:

• Ignite TV is excellent, so far. Superb picture quality. No stutter or hitches of any kind. Yet.
  • Internet also seems to be working well. Not sure if Rogers is still using Speedboost, but we're often getting even somewhat faster speeds than the 150/15 Mbps advertised.
  • Home Phone itself appears to be working fine. But the Online Manager is awful. Far inferior to the web interface of our previous VoIP service. The Online Manager looks (and apparently is) about 10 years out of date. Doesn't even work correctly half the time, with the site spitting out error after error.

Except for the rude first technician who wasted our time, and the awful Home Phone Online Manager, we're overall quite pleased with the Rogers Ignite TV bundle!

Just too bad about the lack of TV Call Display. Really would love to have that added in the future. It's extremely convenient to be able to see who's calling, while watching TV, without having to look at the phone.

Hey @RainbowTrout,

Thank you for sharing the experience with your install. It is a shame about the first visit and definitely not how your install should have gone. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the service so far and we'll pass along your feedback on the Online Manager and TV Call Display.

Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can provide feedback further. If you're not familiar with or PM system, please click here to find out more. 

Regards,

RogersTim

I've Been Around

I have had nothing but horrible issues with ignite TV, voice and audio not matching up to what is said on tv, video description coming on by itself this will e the 2nd tech to come out and see what is going on with my ignite TV. I am very disappointed with it.

Good day @Catmama49,

Thanks for posting your concerns to the Community! Sorry to hear your Ignite TV experience has been overall disappointing.

Did the 2nd technician visit take place yet? Feel free to provide us with updates on the outcome!

Also, could you let us know the troubleshooting you've gone through so far?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I have been having the exact same issue with my laptop but here's the weird thing - the technician came to install the ignite tv package and spent 4 HOURS trying to get it working.  He finally gave up and put my account back to what it was before.  Except now I can no longer connect to the internet from my laptop (yet it's fine from my cell phone) AND I have no ignite tv, internet or phone - everything was put back to what it was before.  So why did I lose the internet on my laptop (and only my laptop)?

The technician left all of the devices required to install and configure the ignite tv package and said that I would be contacted by Rogers when the problem was resolved.  That was over a week ago and I still haven't had a real person call me to explain what happened and why it's taking so long to come back to try again.

I've also been a long term customer and am really frustrated by this experience.  Hopefully somebody will come soon and get this working for me....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, dont wait on them to call you back. 
You should probably call them back in and try and get it sorted out (or maybe @CommunityHelps here can look into it for you).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys, I got Ignite TV installed a week ago and have a few questions.

1) I Have a Yamaha AVR that I set the Rogers remote to control the volume, which works fine, however when I press the "master power button" it only turns the TV off. Can I program this to turn the TV and AVR off like the old Champion remote?

2) In the settings menu what is the difference between "full or none" on Zoom? I have noticed the STB has lots of overscan and cannot be set to "full pixel" if that makes sense. 

3) Where can I find the channel lineup online? I checked the Rogers website and it has a channel lineup for Digital TV, but I cannot find it for Ignite TV Premier.

thanks everyone

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gp-se wrote:

1) I Have a Yamaha AVR that I set the Rogers remote to control the volume, which works fine, however when I press the "master power button" it only turns the TV off. 

2) I have noticed the STB has lots of overscan and cannot be set to "full pixel" if that makes sense. 

3) Where can I find the channel lineup online? 

1. There are usually a number of different codes for each make of AVR. Try a different code.  Some Yamaha AVRs have a different (discrete) IR signal for on and off, but I assume you still have the same AVR as you had with the Champion remote.

2. Tune to a channel like CP24.  Cycle through the various options.  There should be one with no overscan.  Make sure your TV is not stretching/zooming the picture.

3. Go the the following link. Scroll down and then over to Premiere, click on the "view" link for the channels.

https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/tv-internet#combo-packages-tabs

If the popup doesn't come up for you, make sure you have your browser properly configured - see the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

I've Been Here Awhile

Looking for advice. Had ignitetv installed Sept 06 and as of today (Sept 11) home phone hasn't worked since and missing quite a few channels. Have called my "concierge" everyday since 06 (actually spoke with her once out of the 5-6 calls) and we've gone from being resolved in 24 hrs to give us 48 hrs to 72 hrs to today and no time frame. Was escalated on 07 and the "back office" crew has it but apparently they're not allowed to talk to strangers to explain the issue. "Work shows completed but the work order can't be closed for some reason" is all the info I can get. Can anyone here provide me with a phone# or email of someone that could at least explain if not resolve the issue? I'm no IT nor network guy just brave enough to be dangerous. Here's our current setup, rogers CGM4141COM gateway(wifi off/ bridge mode off) wired to a tplink Gigabit switch. 4 tv boxes, tplink wifi router, Synology NAS, printer and various others wired to switch. Wifi works flawlessly and TV is impressive but I'd like to get this resolved