Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@Bobkaf  : HDMI CEC should work with Rogers boxes, however, be aware that the Rogers Boxes are "always on" unless you shut them down in the settings menu.  Simply turning them "off" using the remote puts them in standby and there may still be a signal which could preclude the Denon switching back to another device...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IGNITE-TV-Box-will-not-power-off-when-using-all-power-butto...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Denon receiver will not automatically change over to the rogers box as it is always on. I tried various ways to address this with my Denon and it just will not work.  

I'm a Senior Contributor

No the Rogers remote will not control the Denon receiver either than turn it on or off. I normally leave my input on the rogers box. Thus when it turns on it is ready for rogers.

Same with any other device with this Rogers remote, only on/off functions. It is not a multi-functional remote.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Drfe99 wrote:

The Denon receiver will not automatically change over to the rogers box as it is always on. 

Does the Rogers box turn off when you use the settings menu as discussed in the link in my previous post?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

No the Rogers remote will not control the Denon receiver either (other) than turn it on or off.

I assume it would control the volume of the AVR if the remote is properly programmed for the Denon.  According to the URC website, it's only designed for TV (on/off, TV volume, TV inputs) and AVR (if applicable, On/Off with Master Power and AVR volume)  If an AVR is programmed into the remote, I assume it would no longer control the TV volume since there's no way to switch back/forth between TV/AVR on this remote like there is with the older remotes (1056, etc)

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

I'm a Senior Contributor

Yup sorry yes of course the volume...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for feedback guys!  I think lack of being able to do this automatically puts it at a disadvantage to the Apple TV.  I usually don't have the TV on, and the inconvenience of switching over to Rogers - out of sheer user laziness LOL - leaves me with watching less Rogers and more Apple.  Although, since switching to ignite TV I am watching more TV.  Rogers is so close to fighting the competition now, I think they only need match the competition in the user interface to win since they have the cable connections.  Such subtle nuances in user interface performance are the difference between winning and losing the battle.  Anyway its so nice to see Rogers fighting back.  But they are behind and only in this game because of their channel monopoly.  Without Ignite, they would have lost me likely forever on the TV side.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Bobkaf,

I am still loving my Ignite TV but I have to admit, if DAZN ever provided the NHL and NBA and Hulu Plus ever came to Canada I don't think I would have cable.  For me, Cable is pretty much just for sports and sitcoms. Netflix fills in the rest.

I've Been Here Awhile

Installed the ignite tv couple of hours ago but but still no tv. Very frustrated. Have to wait for IT to open tomorrow and check and schedule another time to come and have a look. How do I change the activation date on the modem? Getting error XRE-00002 on tv after looping in you are on your way to shows, movies and more message
I Plan to Stick Around

@screamer wrote:
Installed the ignite tv couple of hours ago but but still no tv. Very frustrated. Have to wait for IT to open tomorrow and check and schedule another time to come and have a look. How do I change the activation date on the modem? Getting error XRE-00002 on tv after looping in you are on your way to shows, movies and more message

That is frustrating and you likely hit a weak point due to a technical problem combined with system support outage. Talk with the Concierge service to adjust your activation date and get everything up and running.