Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@cwrb wrote:

The way Rogers outlines these services is misleading. All customer should be aware they will NEVER come close to the advertised possible speeds in a coax world. 

As stated above by @RogersCorey , this is false. Most Rogers customers get what they pay for or more (at the modem) (with a wired connection).  The only people who may not get their full throughput would be those with Gigabit service or some sort of issue at their location/neighbourhood.  Rogers has consistently been reviewed by customers and third parties for their internet and it meets or beats their stated throughput.  RF coax is perfectly capable of speeds up to Gigabit.

I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder how many customers are aware of 2.4g and 5g (and the related speeds) and know that if their computer is 2.4g wireless it cannot be changed.

The problem is you don't think like a customer.
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve had ignite tv for almost 3 months now and I can honestly say I’ve been able to watch 1 leafs/raptors game complete without freezing and glitching. This is embarrassing especially when guests are over. I’ve had numerous technicians over and they keep saying it’s a maintenance issue outside. Nobody fixes it,still problems. The bills get paid every month why would Rogers care to invest money in repairs.
Well I don’t recommend this service to anyone, 0 out of 10 in my opinion for a premium service.
I think I’m gonna shift my services to bell fibe. Neighbours have nothing but great things to say about the service.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Afer,

I just had this installed yesterday as I recently noticed the prices had dropped plus they offered me 6 months free  HBO/Crave and $100 off the installation fee. So I took the plunge and ordered  1 modem, 150 speed, and 3 boxes.   I was very nervous to move from my Rogers 4k digital box and Coda modem as I have been reading bad Ignite TV reviews for almost a year. Especially on Superbowl Sunday!  The install was about 90 minutes and although it's only been a day, all 3 boxes have been working great.  My speed test comes in over 200 Mbps even though I pay for 150. As well my Google searches don't pull up store searches in London (3 hours away from where I live)  anymore.  That was really frustrating before. 

All of our wifi devices in the basement (Xbox, phone, apple tv, smart tv, ignite box) work great. It will take some time for me to really trust wifi TV but so far I am happy with the picture quality and most of the features. If any ongoing issues come up I will be sure to post them!

I hope they resolve your picture quality problems but if they don't, Bell is pretty good. I had Fibe tv on 3 tv's a few years back. The only reason I switched back to Rogers was that the fastest internet speed in my area was only 50 Mbps (bad for gaming), the remote only controls the box and tv (no extra devices) and I could only record 2 shows at once on the PVR. So make sure you get timeshifting so you can record your favorite shows at a later time. Good luck!

I Plan to Stick Around

Why not call the billing support option and tell them the signal is too weak and you would like to discontinue the service if some can't check your house signal strength and replace the coax connectors.
While the repair person is still at your home, you check speedtest.net from the furthest location (both cell phone and computer) and check a recording on the furthest TV.
If you have150 ignite, you should see at least 80mbps on the cell phone and 30mbps on the computer... and no TV problems.
If below these levels, ask the tech person if he can do anything to improve it.
If not, call billing number again and tell them why you want to discontinue.
I went thru the above a month ago and can say I am very pleased with my ignite 150 (three Rogers routers) now.
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve done all that.
I’m on 500GB and when tv is at worst I’m getting like 70 on my cell phone standing beside my modem.
It’s terrible. They keep saying it’s a maintenance issue but no one seems to take care of it. It’s also happening to a neighbour who has ignite tv as well. They are 3 doors down. I would bet that if anyone else on my street has ignite tv they are having the same issues.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Am on Ignite TV 150m, cell phone with 5g gets 202d/17u, 2.4 gets 104d/15u using my own netgear router...wired desktop gets same as 5g.

I would not expect wifi to get the same as wired, too many variables that can interfere with it.

No complaints here.

I Plan to Stick Around

No  complains here!!! 

If, it is true, why would you complain?

However, as we would all like to partake, pls provide more .. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone confirm something for me?

I inquired about this service when Rogers was rolling it out and at that time, one of my questions was "If I was not satisfied with the service of Ignite TV, can I switch back to digital TV?" and I was told that I could not.

Is this accurate?  Terrible risk to take if at all true........

regards,

Kevin Grosvold

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrosvold : AFAIK, what would happen if you wished to "switch back" to digital cable, is you'd not be able to get the (grandfathered) package you had previously (if applicable). You'd have to go for any of the current digital TV packages.  You should confirm this with Rogers though.

I don't think Rogers are yet at the stage where they are forcing all "new" customers to go IPTV (IgniteTV), although that may happen at some point.