Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello Community!

When we first launched Ignite TV many customers were on the fence and voiced their concerns that the pricing was outside of their budgets and as a result, did not end up signing up.  For those customers, we have some great news! We've heard you loud and clear and we have reduced the price of our Ignite bundles. The charts below are from our Blog that was posted yesterday showing the before and after pricing.

Ignite bundle pricing starting January 20

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$144.99

$154.99

$169.99

$184.99

Ignite 500u

$134.99

$144.99

$159.99

$174.99

Ignite 150u

$124.99

$134.99

$149.99

$164.99

Ignite bundle pricing before January 20

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$179.99

$189.99

$204.99

$219.99

Ignite 500u

$164.99

$174.99

$189.99

$204.99

Ignite 150u

$149.99

$159.99

$174.99

$189.99

We'd love to discuss this with any users in the Community who are thinking about signing up for Ignite TV.  We also have a few additional promotions that you may benefit from but we'll need to pull up information to see if you are eligible.

Those who are interested can reach out to us right here in the Community by sending a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps inbox. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging service please Click Here to check out our blog on the subject.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

While a reduction in the cost of Ignite TV is welcome, it's still up to almost double what I pay for VIP.  And that's for only one STB. Additional ones are $5/month each. Is the installation fee still $150, as on the website?  That was always been a big bone of contention with prospective adopters. Just recently I saw someone post that they were only charged $50.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

While a reduction in the cost of Ignite TV is welcome, it's still up to almost double what I pay for VIP.  And that's for only one STB. Additional ones are $5/month each. Is the installation fee still $150, as on the website?  That was always been a big bone of contention with prospective adopters. Just recently I saw someone post that they were only charged $50.

My expectation/hope is for the costs to continue to drop and will eventually  be competitive with the Digital TV offering as that service is phased out. Who knows if this is in 1 year, 5 years or more.

Yes that is still the installation fee as stated on the website, but is also subject to negotiation.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Bplayer wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

My expectation/hope is for the costs to continue to drop and will eventually  be competitive with the Digital TV offering as that service is phased out. Who knows if this is in 1 year, 5 years or more.

Yes that is still the installation fee as stated on the website, but is also subject to negotiation.

For sure, the cost of cable TV has lately taken a sharp rise relative to content offered. With all the alternatives now available for a lot less, Rogers needs to do some rethinking and belt-tightening to remain viable in the marketplace.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thot I would share my Ignite speed results with the community. 

I had ignite 500 installed a couple of week ago  Had concerns about the 2.5g (computers) and 5g (cellphones  tablets) performance (via speedtest with Rogers server).

Had tech come last week and redo all coax connections and test 500 service. He said best he could do. 

I then called to reduce my price (re Jan 10 decrease) and the supp rep suggested i try 1g for faster speed. 

I just completed multiple tests around noon and discovered 1Gb to be slightly slower than 500 service (testing done yesterday afternoon).

I had them change me to 150 service about an hour ago and seem to be getting the best speeds of all the services on both 2.4g and 5g devices.

I will continue to test (diff times during day and diff proximity) and then update this post, after discussing with senior tech supp  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi cwrb,

Did you switch to Ignite TV as well?  I have 500 right now but if I tried it with the TV service I would probably use 150 to save some money.  Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I have to share this Speedtest result with you.
I am amazed. 5pm Mon. 150mbps Ignite.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4639864148
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Meanwhile, here is mine @500, lol

https://www.speedtest.net/result/7995307595

I Plan to Stick Around

@cwrb wrote:
Sorry, I have to share this Speedtest result with you.
I am amazed. 5pm Mon. 150mbps Ignite.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4639864148

Looks like they still have you configured for the 500/20 plan. But all good if they are billing you at the 150/15 rate.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Always remember to do the test on WIRED, its the only way to get a closer way to true test

(too many factors with wireless)

Server can make a difference too.. dont always choose the first choice that speedtest.net gives you.

Im on 500u.
test on rogers server
https://www.speedtest.net/result/7996873187

Test on Bell (which is what it defaulted to when I went to the site)

https://www.speedtest.net/result/7996882041

So quite a difference.

I Plan to Stick Around

I never got close to your 5g results Gdkitty...with 150, 500 or 1g.

What are your 2.4g speeds?

I test wireless multiple devices, multiple locations, multiple servers and multiple times of the day.

There is an android app that allows you to schedule tests, which I use to compare speedtest for 5g devices  

I did one test wireless vs wired and saw little degradation. None of my devices can be wired, so no point testing wired.