Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello Community!

When we first launched Ignite TV many customers were on the fence and voiced their concerns that the pricing was outside of their budgets and as a result, did not end up signing up.  For those customers, we have some great news! We've heard you loud and clear and we have reduced the price of our Ignite bundles. The charts below are from our Blog that was posted yesterday showing the before and after pricing.

Ignite bundle pricing starting January 20

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$144.99

$154.99

$169.99

$184.99

Ignite 500u

$134.99

$144.99

$159.99

$174.99

Ignite 150u

$124.99

$134.99

$149.99

$164.99

Ignite bundle pricing before January 20

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$179.99

$189.99

$204.99

$219.99

Ignite 500u

$164.99

$174.99

$189.99

$204.99

Ignite 150u

$149.99

$159.99

$174.99

$189.99

We'd love to discuss this with any users in the Community who are thinking about signing up for Ignite TV.  We also have a few additional promotions that you may benefit from but we'll need to pull up information to see if you are eligible.

Those who are interested can reach out to us right here in the Community by sending a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps inbox. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging service please Click Here to check out our blog on the subject.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

Just spoke with Rogers customer service and asked to be given the new rate for my bundle (Ignite 500U) and they agreed to give me the new rate starting next month. I don't understand why Rogers treats their existing customers so disrespectfully, especially the early adopters with Ignite TV who have had to suffer through the early teething problems. They should be giving the new rate automatically to all existing Ignite TV customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

There are a few improvements that would make this TV service better.

1. Eliminate the 10 minute timeout when a recorded program has been paused. Is is very annoying for the box to switch to the last live channel. If it cannot be just put on hold, then at least change the timeout to at least 60 minutes.

2. When a TV series is scheduled for recording and new episodes only is selected, other programs should not be scheduled for recording. I guess this is better than missing programs but it is still less than ideal.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well said Stats an.
I am certainly going to mention this to the president's office when I send an email in a couple of minutes.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@StatsMan wrote:

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello Community!

When we first launched Ignite TV many customers were on the fence and voiced their concerns that the pricing was outside of their budgets and as a result, did not end up signing up.  For those customers, we have some great news! We've heard you loud and clear and we have reduced the price of our Ignite bundles. The charts below are from our Blog that was posted yesterday showing the before and after pricing.

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$144.99

$154.99

$169.99

$184.99

Ignite 500u

$134.99

$144.99

$159.99

$174.99

Ignite 150u

$124.99

$134.99

$149.99

$164.99

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$179.99

$189.99

$204.99

$219.99

Ignite 500u

$164.99

$174.99

$189.99

$204.99

Ignite 150u

$149.99

$159.99

$174.99

$189.99

We'd love to discuss this with any users in the Community who are thinking about signing up for Ignite TV.  We also have a few additional promotions that you may benefit from but we'll need to pull up information to see if you are eligible.

Those who are interested can reach out to us right here in the Community by sending a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps inbox. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging service please Click Here to check out our blog on the subject.

RogersTony

Just spoke with Rogers customer service and asked to be given the new rate for my bundle (Ignite 500U) and they agreed to give me the new rate starting next month. I don't understand why Rogers treats their existing customers so disrespectfully, especially the early adopters with Ignite TV who have had to suffer through the early teething problems. They should be giving the new rate automatically to all existing Ignite TV customers.

Will be calling in on Monday to ask and get the new rate as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

@StatsMan wrote:

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello Community!

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$144.99

$154.99

$169.99

$184.99

Ignite 500u

$134.99

$144.99

$159.99

$174.99

Ignite 150u

$124.99

$134.99

$149.99

$164.99

Starter

Select

Popular

Premier

Ignite Gigabit

$179.99

$189.99

$204.99

$219.99

Ignite 500u

$164.99

$174.99

$189.99

$204.99

Ignite 150u

$149.99

$159.99

$174.99

$189.99

RogersTony

Will be calling in on Monday to ask and get the new rate as well.

I contacted CommunityHelps through "private messages" last night. It took a few exchanges of information but I did get the new published rates for my 150U service. The only thing I had to give up was the $9.98 discount for the last 2 months of the Crave/HBO/Movie Network combo deal. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just me or is Rogers taking advantage of ghcharters?
When you signed up for ignite, did you agree to not accept a price reduction without giving something up?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@StatsMan wrote:

They should be giving the new rate automatically to all existing Ignite TV customers.

I don't think existing customers would appreciate it if there were a price increase and it came to you automatically while you were on contract? Smiley Wink  It goes both ways.  (and yes, I realize that there are often annual price increases). There are also often "loss leaders", to entice new customers, for which existing customers do not qualify.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cwrb It is all part of the negotiation process and what you are willing to settle for. As we have discovered the list price for many item such as internet service TV service, cellphone, and even motor vehicles is not the final price.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not that I don't appreciate you, 57,taking the time to respond but I am active in the CF for one reason only...to ensure customers are not taken advantage of by inconsistent and unprofessional practices by one of the two telecoms hat control the Internet business in Canada.
BTW, Rogers does announce price increases in their bills with just a couple of months notice.
Why shouldn't they do the same for decreases?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cwrb wrote:
1. Not that I don't appreciate you, 57, taking the time to respond...
2. BTW, Rogers does announce price increases in their bills with just a couple of months notice.
Why shouldn't they do the same for decreases?

1. I believe you might have meant to respond to @Bplayer  since his post was directed at you, while my post was directed at @StatsMan and to everyone in general.

2. Rogers announce price increases (or decreases) in the bills that would apply directly to you.  They do not announce "general" (website) price increases or decreases in your bill.