Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Hey @BMan78,

I'm an Anime fan myself ^_^, with both Funimation and Crunchyroll subscriptions I try and stay as up to date as I can with all my favorite shows. Alas at this time Anime Network is not available for Ignite TV. Channel and content availability is subject to vendor agreements though so availability may change.

Stay tuned and if there's any major changes we'll keep the community updated.
PLUS ULTRA!

RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

I found the Netflix app on the Rogers X1 boxes does not support interactive shows. ie. Minecraft Story mode, where you use your remote control to choose to respond to alternative story options. The Rogers provided Netflix app just craps out. But the Netflix app that I have on an Android shield box works fine. The Rogers X1 box only allows you to pause for approximately 20min before it resumes. The old PVR NB3 would allow you to pause for 2 hours. It would be nice if Rogers included the Amazon and Crave TV apps as well. Overall, I think it's very good, but there are some improvements needed.
I've Been Here Awhile

When I called to ask about the service, they immediately dropped the fee down to $50.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi TheHerald,

Rogers dropped your installation fee or your monthly fee?  

Thanks!

I've Been Here Awhile

They dropped the installation fee from $150 to $50.

I've Been Around

Have signed up for a Rogers package.  The tv part is Ignite tv, the latest version.  Can my old crt TV be connected to ignite?

I'm a Senior Contributor

HDMI connection only.

@neil83 wrote:

Have signed up for a Rogers package.  The tv part is Ignite tv, the latest version.  Can my old crt TV be connected to ignite?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@neil83 wrote:

Ignite only has an HDMI output connection, however, you can purchase converters to convert from HDMI to say Component Video/Analogue Audio, however, it has to be a converter (powered), not an adaptor.  Prices start at around $50+

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@neil83, something like the following:

HDMI to RF coaxial converter:

https://www.amazon.ca/RadioShack-HDMI-Coaxial-Converter-Adapter/dp/B06XWZMFD8

HDMI to Composite Video:

https://www.amazon.ca/Rasfox%C2%AE-Converter-Composite-Adapter-Warranty/dp/B01GNKF7CQ/ref=pd_sbs_23_...

From this last HDMI to Composite Video link, the following should work:

https://www.amazon.ca/Portta-Component-Converter-support-Channels/dp/B00A8FIQXA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=218X...

HDMI to component video on the following page.  Note, select HDMI to component video, as the reverse is also shown:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=hdmi+to+rgb+cable&i=electronics&crid=218XFDL7GSYL6&sprefix=hdmi+to+rgb%2Ce...

So, it can be done, just a matter of selecting the highest resolution input type for your tv and buying the matching adapter.

Hello Community!

When we first launched Ignite TV many customers were on the fence and voiced their concerns that the pricing was outside of their budgets and as a result, did not end up signing up.  For those customers, we have some great news! We've heard you loud and clear and we have reduced the price of our Ignite bundles. The charts below are from our Blog that was posted yesterday showing the before and after pricing.

IgniteBundle1.png

IgniteBundle2.png

IgniteBundle3.png

We'd love to discuss this with any users in the Community who are thinking about signing up for Ignite TV.  We also have a few additional promotions that you may benefit from but we'll need to pull up information to see if you are eligible.

Those who are interested can reach out to us right here in the Community by sending a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps inbox. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging service please Click Here to check out our blog on the subject.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony