Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

So, full of goodwill and optimism I went to my local Rogers store today to try the Ignite TV for the 4th time in 6 months.   Excited, I tried one tv controller, and it did nothing.  I went to the other tv and it also couldn't connect to the wifi.  I asked one of the store reps if I was using it correctly.  "Yes, it's not working again and someone is coming to look at it!" I started laughing out loud with lots of customers looking at me. I replied "Are you serious? I am never going to see this thing work!".  He replied "I know!  It never works for very long!!" Again in front of about 8 customers! That's 3 different stores, 6 months, and 6 attempts in total.  I then went across the street to Canada Computers and bought a Nvidia Shield box.   Guess what?  It works fantastic!  I can watch any 4k video from Netflix. Youtube, etc at 60 fps no problem. I can also speak commands to the controller and gives me facts and actions too.  I can just say "turn off" and my box and tv turn off or vice versa.  I'm not going into all the descriptions of what this box can do.  You get the point.  Anyway, I hope Rogers figures out this mess. I was this close to signing up today.  Have a good night!

I've Been Around

Is there a way to add a recording remotely now? as in when out of the house- or on vacation to record and watch later? 

I Plan to Stick Around

No.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Nick_W wrote:

New problem just showed up over the last couple of days, the sound cuts out for several seconds every few minutes. Video is fine, just the sound. This happens on live tv and recorded playback.

This problem did happen occasionally since install, but was maybe once a week or so, so not a big deal. Now 3 months or more after install, the last few days sound drops out every few minutes, sometimes 5 mins, sometimes 15, so random, but many times per hour. Weird thing is that video has no problem, just sound. The drop out lasts 10 seconds or so.

Also sometimes changing channel takes several seconds, up to 20 or more, other times it’s almost instant as usual.

This all started a few days ago, previously everything was fine.

Rebooting the Xi6a did not help. Internet checks out with no issues.

Has something changed recently? Anyone else with this issue?

Rogers, what’s the deal with the sound?

Update here,

A complete power cycle (not just restart) of everything seems to have resolved the problem.

No idea why this happens from to time, or why a power cycle is different to a restart, but there you go.

I Plan to Stick Around

I asked this question and was informed it is not in the ignite TV app at this time.
The app does show what you have recorded and scheduled.
Hopefully, it may be included early this year.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Got the ignite installed 2 months ago... 1 4k tv and 3 hdtv's. 150ignite package w/ 4 boxes and 2 wifi extenders.

I have a bunch of nest stuff connected to the wifi in a 2500 sq ft home.

- All the tv's were freezing and wifi was spotty.

- Had tech come in 2 times after to try fix the problem, replaced every cable from the street box to the modem. It helped a bit but still had some issue's.

- Tech was thinking it was something wrong with the box on the street but rogers checked it out and it was fine

- Yesterday had a eero mesh network put in with 4 eero devices.

After the mesh network the 4k tv still froze and 4k channels were still a mess.

Then I called and upgraded from 150 to 500 ignite and it was better but still the Raptors game last night still had some glitches.

When I do a speedtest thru the eero app I got 521/21 initially but when the raptors game was on it was 115/18.

When I do a true speedtest.net the numbers I got on my iphone were low 40/12.

I'm thinking I should drop the ignite and go down to the nextbox.... any suggestions on what to do???

I really don't want to pay more for the 500 ignite and I don't want to pay the extra $20/month for the eero mesh network... and I still get some error codes sometimes when I tried to get onto a 4k channel (RDK-03033)...

I'm Here A Lot

@cwrb wrote:
I asked this question and was informed it is not in the ignite TV app at this time.
The app does show what you have recorded and scheduled.
Hopefully, it may be included early this year.

I would not hold my breath for this function, although it should be a no brainer; as far as I am aware, TiVo owns the patent to this "technology" and Comcast is unwilling to pay TiVo to license it, and is instead fighting them in the courts over this and multiple other DVR-related features.

I Plan to Stick Around

@EddieG1 wrote:

Got the ignite installed 2 months ago... 1 4k tv and 3 hdtv's. 150ignite package w/ 4 boxes and 2 wifi extenders.

I'm thinking I should drop the ignite and go down to the nextbox.... any suggestions on what to do???

I really don't want to pay more for the 500 ignite and I don't want to pay the extra $20/month for the eero mesh network... and I still get some error codes sometimes when I tried to get onto a 4k channel (RDK-03033)...

The tech has done a very poor job in getting up up and running. Get a senior tech back to test/verify/fix your internet speed and reliability via wired connection at the modem. Them the next step is to test/verify/fix the wifi coverage at all TV box locations. If they cannot do this then they should outline your options. This could be a full refund and maybe Nextbox as a solution. There are limitations with the Nextbox that you should understand before jumping to that alternative, e.g., no whole-home PVR, and there could still be wifi connectivity issues unless you have cable to each TV location.

I Plan to Stick Around

This one is too interesting to ignore.
The 4k Wii only work on a 4k tv. If you are having problems with 4k on that tv, you need to discuss with tv supp.
If the ignite installer included the extenders, they would have been tested for adequate speed and you should have confirmed at installation time.
I would never go back to netbox...now archaic.
If they fix the 4k and you still think you are paying to much, contact supp and try to negotiate a reduction.
I have always received some sort of reduction when I renew or upgrade.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question,

is Anime Network on Demand available on Ignite TV?