Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@emerson7 Check out the following link for that remote and the programming instructions. There's also a code finder:  LG is a pretty popular brand and I think the tech just didn't programme it correctly with your Denon AVR in the mix.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

When your AVR and TV are both properly programmed, the "All Power" button should turn all three on and off as well as controlling the volume via the AVR. (Note that "all power" may take a few seconds and you need to point the remote at the AVR and TV until they turn on or off.)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks I did get the remote working as per the design this morning after trying again.  I guess the Tech gave up too easily but he said LG TV's had given him problems in the past.

An issue I am experiencing that I didn't expect is the louder sound of the Modem, the modem is located in my Den and it getting a bit annoying.  I will search and see is this concern has surfaced before.  Thks

I Plan to Stick Around

My modem is also in my den, on a lower shelf and I did not think it made any noise. Just checked and there is slight hum, maybe from a fan It is not distracting and cannot be heard when music or TV is on, even at low levels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's possible any noise made by the modem is being amplified by the shelf it's on, especially if it's glass or similar. Try lifting the modem up and see if it still makes objectionable noise. If the noise level goes down, try placing it elsewhere or on a matt or something soft, making sure not to block any air vents.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks I have placed it on a soft surface which is better, but it still has a distinctive hum which I still need to deal with.

Next I will move the modem under my desk which will provide more sound enclosure, I just worry I might lose some Wifi strength.

Any other thoughts?

I Plan to Stick Around

Likely not a problem, but just try it.

I have seen recommendations that a wifi modem should be at least 3' from the floor, but that makes little sense to me when there could be floor above and below in the house. Maybe that recommendation applies if the modem is in the basement where the concrete floor could be an issue. However, in my condo the modem is about 18" above the concrete floor and there are no wifi issues. I see SSID's from other units in the building two floors away through two sets of concrete floors.

I Plan to Stick Around

@emerson7 wrote:

Thanks I have placed it on a soft surface which is better, but it still has a distinctive hum which I still need to deal with.

Next I will move the modem under my desk which will provide more sound enclosure, I just worry I might lose some Wifi strength.

Any other thoughts?

I strongly advise you not to place the wireless gateway under your desk. Wireless needs AIR so the higher the wireless device is placed in a room away from obstacles the superior will be the reception at the wireless clients.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

If it is a rental modem, you have spent enough time on it.

Why don't you take it to a Rogers store and ask for a replacement?

I Plan to Stick Around

This advice makes sense but in need to try something as the fan noise is more than I expected.

What I don't know is if this is typical to this Ignite modem, I will ask the Concierge later in the week but I expect this is not something they will be familiar with other than this Ignite is working well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Problem is this might be typical of this modem because it does run warm.