Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

This is a simple question.
My Ignite installer indicated I could record via an android app when away from home.
Tech support, when I called to find out why I couldn't locate instructions, indicated the ignite android app would include this function early in 2019.
As with all Rogers communications, it is slow and difficult to find timely information. I am getting used to it but find it very frustrating.
1. Why is this forum setup so difficult to circumvent and why is the text a light gray and hard to read? Why doesn't Rogers make it easy for customers to get answers?
2. Why is the Rogers website the slowest site I deal with? I am sure a lot of customers find it frustrating and don't bother pursuing answers as they don't have the time.
3.why doesn't Rogers use customers to test their services before announcing?
I could continue with more questions and concerns but I don't have the time.
I will always expect more of a communications company.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cwrb wrote:
1. Why is this forum setup so difficult to circumvent and why is the text a light gray and hard to read? Why doesn't Rogers make it easy for customers to get answers?
2. Why is the Rogers website the slowest site I deal with? I am sure a lot of customers find it frustrating and don't bother pursuing answers as they don't have the time.
3.why doesn't Rogers use customers to test their services before announcing?

1. This probably depends on your device and browser. For example, using Chrome on my Mac Mini computer the text is a very readable black on a white background like reading a piece of paper.  Not sure if you're able to change fonts/layout on your device/browser.

2. It's not slow for me. It's not the fastest site, but I spend a fair bit of time on another forum that's slower.  Screen refreshes take only about 1-3 seconds for me and I'm only on a 30/5 Internet plan. Again, perhaps some of this is a function of your device/browser choice.  As mentioned earlier, Chrome and FF are typically the best choices for this forum.  If I have issues with a particular website, I have several different browsers that I use, depending on what works best (Chrome, FF, Safari).

3. They do sometimes and they often test on their employees, who are also customers.

I agree that Rogers could do better, but at least they maintain this forum so that we customers can help each other out - this is mostly a Peer-to-peer forum with volunteer customers providing information to each other.  If something is extremely important to you, it's always a good idea to check various sources.    In addition to this forum and telephone, Rogers are also available via "Share a concern", Chat, Twitter and Facebook.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

PS. Don't bet on the ("PVR Manager") portion of the app being available in early 2019. It may be, but there has been no official notice so far that I'm aware of.

I Plan to Stick Around

My install (4 TVs with one PVR) was Wednesday and installation was quite easy but still took the installer 2 hours.
The smaller box is an advancement but no clock available.
Response time is very good and the audio remote is error free and fast. I hardly use the guide now.
My only problem so far is a screen lock. I could use the remote but the screen was linked on a scene. I had to restart the system.
My focus is now on the android apps. They need much work.
I was told I could record when away from home. This would be a real benefit...but it is not available yet.
Rogers needs to understand computers are not part of the future for its customers. It is now about smartphones. And browsers and apps need to be useful, productive and easy to use. The first ISPs to get there will attract the most customers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Let me explain again.
Three problems (my 4 tv Ignite install was Wednesday).
1. I was informed by the installer I could record, using an android app, when away from home. This is not available.
2. The quality of a recorded item is much less than the original.
3. The screen froze at one point and I had to restart to fix.
Otherwise, I am impressed.
I will review the above with the concierge.
I've Been Around

My ignite tv keeps freezing 4 times a day every day since I got it 2 months ago.

Greetings @Crs36,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Hats off to you on your first of many more posts to come (or at least we hope)!! 😊

We definitely want to help improve upon the type of connection you are receiving for your recently activated Ignite TV service! Giving you the best possible experience is our main goal here.

If possible, we'd like to get some more details from you which will give the Community some more insight on what could be causing the issues. 

-Where is your modem currently located within your home?

-Are you using any third party equipment (routers, splitters, mesh system, etc.) and how do you have them set up?

-Is the freezing happening sporadically throughout your day or only at certain times?

-How long does the freezing last and what have you done to get past it?

Answers to the above questions and/or providing further information that you feel will be instrumental in finding a solution will be greatly appreciated. 😀

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to let you know, I haven't seen this problem again, after the one incident.
Turning off/on the system fixed it.
I Plan to Stick Around

My other concern about poor quality recordings is no longer happening.
It seemed to go away a couple of days after the ignite install.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sync Ignite Remote to LG TV

I had Tech setup Ignite TV today but he could not sync Ignite remote to relatively new LG TV.

TV is LG49UF6800

On the setup it kept coming up as Denon TV which had only 3 codes.  I think this was because of my Denon AVR which coded correctly to control the volume.

So now stuck with two remotes any suggestions?

Hello @emerson7!

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to pair your remote to the TV. We can't guarantee full compatibility with all TV models.

Does your TV have its latest firmware installed? Updating your firmware can sometimes fix pairing issues such as this.

Regards,

RogersCorey