Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@StatsMan wrote:

Does anyone know should I be contacting Rogers to get them top provide the database info for the Xi6-A to Sony or should I contact Sony to ask them to obtain the info and add it to their database and then provide a firmware update? 

As discussed over on Digital Home, you should be contacting Sony since it's their remote that needs to be updated.

Many people do it "the other way around". They use the provider remote to control the TV. Of course you don't get all the functionality, but you usually get on/off, volume, etc.  That way you'd also get to keep the voice control and other functionality of the Rogers remote.

I've Been Around

Just had Ignite TV installed 500mb download package although only getting around 120mb speed on wifi

TV is blurry on all HD channels and 4K channels

technician left without fixing it as he didn't know what the problem is 

trying to get Rogers senior technical to investigate and fix - waiting for call back / and tech to come out

any idea on what the problem could be and how it can be fixed?

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks 57. I did finally figure that out and have since managed to contact Sony Customer Service. Unfortunately they seem to think that I’m trying to use a third party remote (Harmony) to control the TV.

I’ve written back explaining the issue and hopefully one way or another we’ll get it resolved, at least I hope so because I’d much rather not have to switch between remotes in order to use the various apps and other functions that are available on the TV
I Plan to Stick Around

@joelhurren66 Likely a cable signal problem that the senior tech will have to investigate. Could be the cable to your home from the street or further back on the line.

I'm Here A Lot

Did the rogers tech fix your HD and 4k Channels that are blurry..  I am about the get ignite tv and have second thoughts. 

I'm Here A Lot

Had my install yesterday. Overall everything went well and I was able to get everything working properly with the gateway in bridge mode so I am happy. A few things of note:

-My upload speeds are now slower than with my previous gateway and internet service, despite going from Ignite 250u to Ignite 500u. I think the upload speeds were quietly changed from 30 Mbps to 20 Mbps from my "old" 250u plan to the new 500u plan? Not sure, but disappointing either way

-My AV receiver (made by Anthem) does not have IR codes in the database for volume control from the Ignite remote. Is there a manual process for adding IR codes, or a process for getting Rogers/Comcast to add a new manufacturer?

I'm Here A Lot

Nevermind regarding the IR code question... I found these instructions in another post which I will try tonight:

1.) Go to www.urcsupport.com 
2.) Enter "Rogers" as your Provider 
3.) Select the "Code Finder" button below the "Rogers Ignite TV Voice Remote
4.) Click on "Add New Audio
5.) Select the "Sony" brand from the list 
6.) If you have the model number select "Enter my model number" otherwise select "I don't know my model number
7.) A Code should be generated 
8.) Follow the steps for "Setup for Audio Device Control" below the code finder and enter the code into the remote when prompted

I Plan to Stick Around

@matted wrote:

Had my install yesterday. Overall everything went well and I was able to get everything working properly with the gateway in bridge mode so I am happy. A few things of note:

-My upload speeds are now slower than with my previous gateway and internet service, despite going from Ignite 250u to Ignite 500u. I think the upload speeds were quietly changed from 30 Mbps to 20 Mbps from my "old" 250u plan to the new 500u plan? Not sure, but disappointing either way

-My AV receiver (made by Anthem) does not have IR codes in the database for volume control from the Ignite remote. Is there a manual process for adding IR codes, or a process for getting Rogers/Comcast to add a new manufacturer?

So technician set the Rogers Modem/Router in  bridge mode? And you are using your own router?

Or he just disabled wifi from Rogers modem and you are using your own router for wifi?

I'm Here A Lot

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@matted wrote:

...I was able to get everything working properly with the gateway in bridge mode so I am happy. .....

So technician set the Rogers Modem/Router in  bridge mode? And you are using your own router?

Or he just disabled wifi from Rogers modem and you are using your own router for wifi?

I wanted to put it in bridge mode so I could continue to use my Ubiquiti router and WiFi APs (and therefore not have to reconfigure my Guest LAN, reserved DHCP leases, and forwarded ports). My main set top box location has a wired ethernet connection but the 2nd location does not.

Technician did not think I was able to operate in bridge mode without causing issues with the set top boxes (wired or wireless), so he recommended that I use a powerline adaptor for the 2nd box (which he provided) and then disable the WiFi on the Ignite gateway. This would leave my APs unaffected but I would still have to reconfigure everything else.

I found this page on the Rogers support website that confirms that putting the router in bridge mode will disable any Ignite set top box operating on Wifi, however it does not mention any effect to wired boxes so I decided to give it a try.

After the technician left I installed the powerline adaptor for the 2nd box, put the Ignite gateway in bridge mode and put my Ubiquiti router back in the path and no issues at all; my router picked up the external IP and is definitely handling all firewall, routing and DHCP. Set top boxes required a reboot (there may be a way to force a DHCP renew but rebooting was faster than trying to find it) but now work as expected.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@matted wrote:

I found this page on the Rogers support website that confirms that putting the router in bridge mode will disable any Ignite set top box operating on Wifi, however it does not mention any effect to wired boxes so I decided to give it a try.

Not right. I have my Arris VB6 in bridge mode using my own router and several access points for Wifi. My set top box that is set to wireless works fine accessing my own wifi points.  Two others are wired and work fine.