When I initially signed up for Rogers Ignite TV (via online chat) I was told that there is an Apple TV app. I don't see one available in the App Store. Is there one available? If not, is there one in the works?
I am only running 150meg Inet download. Have no problems with Ignite TV with this speed.
1. What resolution does the Ignite tv bring signal to your TV ? 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 2160P/30/60?
I have mine set to 2160P/30. 2160P/60 gave me some hassles in Netflix. Of course the 4k programming is very limited. Have a Samsung 4K smart TV.
2. I will be hard wiring all the boxes to Ethernet? Any issues with setup.. I have a high end network at home along with latest mesh wireless network.
I have mine hard wired each is to a 1gig switch. Of course a 100meg switch will do.
3. If you have Ethernet connection to Xfiniti xi6 box, is there a delay to change channels. at rogers store, I noticed a 1.2 second load time to channel surf. The menu was real fast.. I am guessing this was wireless setup at rogers store.
Some delay but not 1.2 second. The delay is to start the streaming. Menu is fast.
4. How is the Picture quality compared to Rogers 4k digital cable box?
Pic quality is very good. IMHO.
1. When I initially signed up for Rogers Ignite TV (via online chat) I was told that there is an Apple TV app. I don't see one available in the App Store. Is there one available?
2. If not, is there one in the works?
2. Maybe, but you won't get any advance notice. See the following link - same applies for an AppleTV app.
@Rattman : If your cottage is in Canada, I believe you should be able to utilize Anyplace, as discussed in the link I previously provided. There are some limitations and you need to use phone, tablet, or computer appropriately connected.
@Rattman I don't have an ATV or iPhone but there is an Ignite TV app in the Apple Store. It is likely the app that the sales agent was talking about. It is likely for an iPhone or iPad. The app for Android and the function on a PC browser work fine.
Here's the Anyplace FAQ: See the second dropdown for compatible browser information and the third dropdown for the link, etc. It should also work with Ignite, although the Ignite apps (for phone/tablet) are different from what I hear. The link for browsers should work for either service...