Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

When I initially signed up for Rogers Ignite TV (via online chat) I was told that there is an Apple TV app. I don't see one available in the App Store. Is there one available? If not, is there one in the works?

I'm a Senior Contributor

I am only running 150meg Inet download. Have no problems with Ignite TV with this speed.

1. What resolution does the Ignite tv bring signal to your TV ? 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 2160P/30/60?

I have mine set to 2160P/30. 2160P/60 gave me some hassles in Netflix. Of course the 4k programming is very limited. Have a Samsung 4K smart TV.

2. I will be hard wiring all the boxes to Ethernet? Any issues with setup.. I have a high end network at home along with latest mesh wireless network.

I have mine hard wired each is to a 1gig switch. Of course a 100meg switch will do.

3. If you have Ethernet connection to Xfiniti xi6 box, is there a delay to change channels. at rogers store, I noticed a 1.2 second load time to channel surf. The menu was real fast.. I am guessing this was wireless setup at rogers store.

Some delay but not 1.2 second. The delay is to start the streaming. Menu is fast.

4. How is the Picture quality compared to Rogers 4k digital cable box?

Pic quality is very good. IMHO.

Good Luck

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rattman wrote:

1. When I initially signed up for Rogers Ignite TV (via online chat) I was told that there is an Apple TV app. I don't see one available in the App Store. Is there one available?

2. If not, is there one in the works?

1. No.

2. Maybe, but you won't get any advance notice.  See the following link - same applies for an AppleTV app.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Anyplace-tv-for-Apple-tv/m-p/435406#M49048

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the help. I find this particularly frustrating, because I specifically asked the sales agent online if there is an Apple TV app and she definitively told me yes which directly resulted in me going with Ignite. Don't get me wrong, I love it so far, but I was really hoping for access at my cottage (which my existing Bell TV already gives me).
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rattman :  If your cottage is in Canada, I believe you should be able to utilize Anyplace, as discussed in the link I previously provided.  There are some limitations and you need to use phone, tablet, or computer appropriately connected.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Rattman I don't have an ATV or iPhone but there is an Ignite TV app in the Apple Store. It is likely the app that the sales agent was talking about. It is likely for an iPhone or iPad. The app for Android and the function on a PC browser work fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

The Anyplace page seems to only work for Rogers Cable subscribers... not Ignite users. Is there a link to stream Ignite on my Macbook?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the Anyplace FAQ:  See the second dropdown for compatible browser information and the third dropdown for the link, etc.  It should also work with Ignite, although the Ignite apps (for phone/tablet) are different from what I hear.  The link for browsers should work for either service...

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I Plan to Stick Around

@Rattman Try the following: https://ignitetv/rogers.com. Works for my pc should work for your MacBook
I Plan to Stick Around

BTW the igniteTV app for your phone/tablet also allows you to download your recorded programmes to your phone/tablet to watch offline. However, you won’t be able to watch the recordings until you upload them back to the cloud