Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just got Ignite installed a week ago

@Biollw wrote:

And favorites does not work. If I add a channel to my favorites and change guide to favorites it will not show. If I change guide to free to me to is highlighted as a favorite but will not show on my favorites 

. I noticed this same problem, but not on all channels. For example, the TSN's from 516-520 are inconsistent. 517 and 519, which are TSN2 and TSN4 do not show up when the Guide is set to "Favourite Channels", but they are starred when I show "Free to Me". I have not reported this to Rogers yet. 

Hey @StatsMan,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue watching recorded content! Due to my busy schedule it's pretty much my primary way of consuming content these days, so I can appreciate the importance. Were you able to get this sorted out with Ignite Concierge?

RogersAndy

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I had a scheduled install for Ignite Tv Saturday morning. The tech guy showed up 45 min earlier than expected and told me that he needs about 20-30 min to activate the new equipment in his van. After that, he came inside the house he plugged in the modem, connected the tv box. Internet works fine. After he first started the tv box there was an error code XRE-00002. He rebooted the box 6-8 times he decided to change the box for a new one. He went back to his van, got a new tv box, plugged it in and the same error happened. He told me it must be something on Rogers end and that it will fix itself in 1-2 hours. He left the house in a hurry for his next install appointment but promised he will follow up with me in 2 hrs. He never did...

After about 2 hrs I rebooted the tv box, and I got a new error code XRE-00250. I googled the code and found out its an activation error. So, when he switched the boxes he didn't activate the 2nd one. The box that is attached to my account is gone in his car, but I have this new box that needs to be activated and attached to my account.

I called in support and told them the issue. I asked them to check what device MAC address they have on file, and it was a different one compared to what I have on the back of my box. They opened a ticket but no chances that they will make this work soon.. And they might need to send in another technician to fix the issue.

And if you ask me about this $150 personalized installation...The technician was supposed to leave the house only after the service was up and running, but I didn't even see the main menu of Ignite tv. I tried calling my Rogers Ignite concierge, but she's not available on the weekends. When I called support I was on hold most of the time. I hope that they will credit the install fee and offer some credits for this mess.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @StatsMan,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue watching recorded content! Due to my busy schedule it's pretty much my primary way of consuming content these days, so I can appreciate the importance. Were you able to get this sorted out with Ignite Concierge?

RogersAndy

So I called the concierge and eventually we managed to get my browser to stream my recorded shows. I had to clear my cache in order to do so.

However, I am still having trouble with one of my STBs. When I or my wife power on the TV/STB. It takes forever, (15 minutes to power up and sometimes I have to reset the box two or three times before it powers up. I checked the diagnostic screen for the STB and I'm getting a good signal (-31db last time I checked) so it's not a signal issue. I suspect it may be something to do with the power settings ... at one point I went into the settings and set the power saving settings for the STB to maximum. The last time I turned the STB on, a few minutes ago, there was a notice in the top right corner of the screen informing me that the STB was just waking up after being on power saver mode for 46+ hours. the STB was extremely slow in responding to commands from the remote (about five seconds after pressing a command before it responded). So I went back into the settings menu and changed the power savings settings for the STB to the minimum. I'll have to monitor it to see if that resolves the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@StatsMan wrote:

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @StatsMan,

RogersAndy

So I called the concierge and eventually we managed to get my browser to stream my recorded shows. I had to clear my cache in order to do so.

However, I am still having trouble with one of my STBs. When I or my wife power on the TV/STB. It takes forever, (15 minutes to power up and sometimes I have to reset the box two or three times before it powers up. I checked the diagnostic screen for the STB and I'm getting a good signal (-31db last time I checked) so it's not a signal issue. I suspect it may be something to do with the power settings ... at one point I went into the settings and set the power saving settings for the STB to maximum. The last time I turned the STB on, a few minutes ago, there was a notice in the top right corner of the screen informing me that the STB was just waking up after being on power saver mode for 46+ hours. the STB was extremely slow in responding to commands from the remote (about five seconds after pressing a command before it responded). So I went back into the settings menu and changed the power savings settings for the STB to the minimum. I'll have to monitor it to see if that resolves the problem.

I had same issue as you describe above with one of the boxes not waking up

i had to unplug and plug it back.

call ignite tv support and they did something after few days and now it’s working

its a known issue

call them back and tell support to tag your account with this issue

I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@StatsMan wrote:

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @StatsMan,

RogersAndy

call ignite tv support and they did something after few days and now it’s working

its a known issue

Thanks @seadooxp30, I’ll call my concierge tomorrow and do that

Hello @gabriel_ko!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear about your installation experience. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can review this case and submit coaching for the tech that did the initial install.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks, it's all good now, but I've been without Ignite Tv service for the weekend... 

I Plan to Stick Around

@StatsMan wrote:

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@StatsMan wrote:

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @StatsMan,

RogersAndy

its a known issue

Thanks @seadooxp30, I’ll call my concierge tomorrow and do that

Just a follow-up to the above: I delayed calling the concierge because everything seemed to be working fine. Then on Wednesday evening my wife complained that her TV wasn't working. She was getting a blank screen and the STB wasn't responding to the remote. She had reset the STB three times by disconnecting power and then reconnecting, and she did get a picture but again the STB wasn't responding to the remote; finally it started responding but it took about 5 to 10 seconds for the STB to respond to commands from the remote.

I called the concierge and was on the phone with him for about 45 minutes while he tried to sort through all sorts of fixes without  success. I asked him to send a tech out because it was obvious that sorting it out over the phone wasn't going to work. He tried to dissuade me from having a tech come out until I started to get angry and eventually he agreed but warned me that because of my set-up there might be a charge for the visit. Tech was booked for the next day.

Tech arrived and I walked him through my problems as well as my setup. He then told me that I might need a firmware update for my modem/router. He told me that apparently there have been a number of firmware updates since Ignite TV had been made available to Rogers' customers. He told me that one specific update was to increase the number of STBs that the modem could manage. Apparently at the beginning the modem could only handle a maximum of 5 STBs and the update increased that number to 10. Since I have 5 STBs he thought that this might be an issue with the problems that I have been having. I asked how the update is achieved since I didn't see anywhere on the user interface for the modem where you could check for and obtain firmware updated (my Asus router DOES have this feature). The tech told me that he is not familiar with the UI because when he was in training they weren't given access to the UI (quite frankly, I don't know how he could do an installation if he didn't know his way around the UI!!). He told me that the update could only be done by a tech in the field.

He then appeared to do a factory reset on the modem by sticking a pin into the reset point on the back and at the bottom of the modem. We then had to setup the modem to use my SSID and disable the wifi. Once this was done, we checked all the STBs and found that the startup was noticeably quicker and that the STB was much, much more responsive to commands from the remote. So far so good. We have not had any more issues on any of the STBs, Let's hope it stays that way!!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I switch from my Apple TV remote back to my Ignite TV remote?

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.