Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveg36
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

I can’t seem to connect my harmony remote hub to the new ignite tv box. I don’t have a “make” to call it. I just have the model number. How can I connect it to the hub?

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Use the search function.  Harmony is addressed in the big ignite tv thread here.

Biollw

@seadooxp30 wrote:
I don’t think you can disable that.
To be fair that is not Rogers. It’s Netflix app
I have that on all my Netflix apps as long as they are on latest version including Spple TV and Xbox One

It's not the auto-trailer play that bothers me. It is the 2-3 second TV blackout before it that does. 

I have Netflix app on my Samsung smart tv and it does not blackout like Ignite TV box does.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

@seadooxp30 wrote:
I don’t think you can disable that.
To be fair that is not Rogers. It’s Netflix app
I have that on all my Netflix apps as long as they are on latest version including Spple TV and Xbox One

It's not the auto-trailer play that bothers me. It is the 2-3 second TV blackout before it that does. 

I have Netflix app on my Samsung smart tv and it does not blackout like Ignite TV box does.

Oh OK. Haven't seen that on my Rogers Netflix app. Maybe I didn't wait enough for black out...

Anyone else can see this issue?

Biollw

Problem: I have set a recording then subsequently cancelled it and all future recordings of the program. Now if I want to record that show again it won't, it cancel the recording.

I need to clear any and all flags for that show in order to start again. 

Any type of resolution ?

Thnx

1234444w43
I Plan to Stick Around

Warnings that should be given about Ignite Tv

Here is what I should have been told before "Sade" tricked me into Ignite TV:

-No TV caller ID.

-Must have call waiting.

-Pause lasts 10 minutes tops.

My CRTC complaint will include this.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I (and others on here I believe) were informed of the caller ID part, so that might have just been your rep.

But overall, most likely is a bad rep describing some of the changes.
That or they need to make users more aware of some of them that they even are not now.

(most people with home phone, had to pay EXTRA as addons to get call waiting.. so i guess thats why they included ALL of them this time around)

As for the pause.. again yes it should probably be something which the users are informed of.
My understanding from looking around (at some of the US posts in places that are using the same tech), that its a limitation of the box.
In a conventional PVR, when you tune to a channel, its recording that even as you are watching live.  This allows you to pause for longer times, as it can just FF through any of the 'live' recording its doing.
That these boxes dont have a hard drive and are not storing anything local, it only has a limited buffer for pausing 😞

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think it was 57 who mentioned before

If someone is needing to pause for more than 10 mins or so anyways, they should be considering just hitting REC and recording the program, then can play it back at any time no issues.

Think1st
I've Been Here Awhile

I felt your frustration for the six+ hrs the Rogers tech spent trying to make Ignite work at my place. My Ignite experience did not last the day, or so I thought...i am in Florida on vacation and low and behold they have the same type of streaming tv here. Works most times but menu sucks, freezing on screen issues and two remotes per tv. I’ve had to reboot a number of times. My Apple TV 4K at home works perfect, just saying.

Weather and golf are good though.

scarletxx
I Plan to Stick Around

Feeling the exact same way. IGNITE TV is half baked and they're promoting it to the masses. Done with being disappointed by Rogers - it's a constant theme. I remember when the first Nextbox came out - 8642. Ran out bought the latest and greatest. They advertised TV Call Display - it never worked.  After installation, we waited and waited for a patch to be released...told 3 months, a year...nothing ever happened. They moved on to other priorities. Today we're dropping Rogers!! Will be asking them to remove their stuff and refund our money.