Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Nothing but major problems the last 1.5 hours. Xi6 disconnecting from the system, say it is unavailable unplug for 10 seconds.

TV show going into a loop of about 10seconds 5 or 6 times looping. It has done this at least 5 times, looping.

Anybody else having issues this evening?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One of my STBs acting up but other two are fine
All 3 wired to the Rogers modem.
The one that I have issue goes black with no message on screen. Starts working as soon as I reboot that STB.
I’m in Richmind Hill
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 have you ever checked that particular ethernet cable with an ethernet test tool?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@seadooxp30 have you ever checked that particular ethernet cable with an ethernet test tool?

will do but since its working and goes off from time to time I'm not sure if its faulty network cable.

I was thinking of changing the cdmi cable as well...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 is that cable a house cable embedded in the walls, or a commercial cable that you can move around.  You'd definitely need a cable tester to check an embedded cable.  Its always handy to have one around just in case some strange issue comes up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My box got an update on Oct 31st and I have been getting the sound dropouts on PVR'ed shows. Watch half way thru a show found it very annoying. Switched to OnDemand to see if it was the same … no dropouts at all! We do not get dropouts on live TV either. Guess we need another update soon ...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@seadooxp30 is that cable a house cable embedded in the walls, or a commercial cable that you can move around.  You'd definitely need a cable tester to check an embedded cable.  Its always handy to have one around just in case some strange issue comes up.

Thanks, but my setup is little complicated. line goes from my router to the Asus node and from back of ASUS node one of the port connected to Rogers STB.

I already replaced the network cable from there to STB .

Next  I'm going to change HDMI cable.

I have seen HDMI goes bad all the time but never seen network cable to stop working.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick question,

Are the issues mostly with customers who bridge their Rogers Modem with another modem or is it happening to everyone?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey folks,

I'm sorry to hear of all the recent issues being reported.  It seems a number of customers have been experiencing issues with failing to record or playback CDVR recordings. The issue has since been resolved. 

If you continue to experience issues with the above, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps, so we can take a closer look. Click HERE, to learn how to private message our inbox.

CommunityHelps

RogersCilio 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’m seeing the dropped audio problem as well, but typically on live tv. 

It it seems to be a recent thing over the past couple of weeks