Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

While there is some wifi card that are capable of pulling 1gbps regularly. 
But MOST devices dont have that installed by default.. nor is the wireless on the rogers modem.
You are generally looking at a $250+ router to get something like that.
And thats still under the BEST conditions.

The service overall is/should be guaranteed at 1gbps. 

Really, in a real world scenario.. no one is going to be able PULL 1gbps from a single source at one time.. nothing will serve that to you.
Maybe minus a 'multi source' type scenario like a torrent, etc

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genec wrote:

Had a install yesterday.

To update my ignite tv is working in the kitchen. The remote code for a RCA model rt 1970 is 13559 (that number is not on any of the lists I have seen published by Rogers).All features of the ignite tv remote are working and control the RCA TV .

The Google whole home wifis (3)  are delivering a strong signal in all areas of the house.

It may depend on the TV itself.

When the tech was out and setting it up on my TVs.. actually didnt have to even look up anything.
When it got to that part, it came up on the screen which TV it was.  
I am wondering if it somehow detects the TV through the HDMI?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got ignite tv and internet and home installed

using my own as us mesh system and it’s perfect..

getting almost gigabit

home phone is good

cant get TV channels!! After technician name the box it goes to black screen

checked with another installer in GTA and same issue.

what did I got myself into 😩😩

@Gdkitty wrote:

@Genec wrote:

Had a install yesterday.

To update my ignite tv is working in the kitchen. The remote code for a RCA model rt 1970 is 13559 (that number is not on any of the lists I have seen published by Rogers).All features of the ignite tv remote are working and control the RCA TV .

The Google whole home wifis (3)  are delivering a strong signal in all areas of the house.

When the tech was out and setting it up on my TVs.. actually didnt have to even look up anything.

@Gdkitty wrote:

@Genec wrote:

Had a install yesterday.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did the guy install the boxes for you before you put your mesh in place with it?  Or did he help connect to yours, etc?

A few people have had issues with it, with certain settings on/off on their own networks. 

You have IPV4 and V6 both working on your mesh?

I would try re-connecting the boxes to your wifi.

I Plan to Stick Around

He did set it up to connect to my ASUS
I’m using my ASUS wifi and all that
He called another technician and he confirmed he is having issue with wifi or wired
Mine are all 3 connected via wire
What do I need to check on ASUS router?
Also how do I log Into Rogers midemvto check settings
He also opened a ticket and claimed this is wide spread issue
Anyone with ignitectv box having issue today?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not home, so I cant check.

You shouldnt really need to log into the roegers modem, if the tech set it up right.. that you are bridged, and using your router for everything, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Not home, so I cant check.

You shouldnt really need to log into the roegers modem, if the tech set it up right.. that you are bridged, and using your router for everything, etc.

He said he only disabled the wifi on Rogers modem!! That is why I want to log into it and take a look

I have user id and password but don't know the ip

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. your running likely double NAT'd right now.. one router running through another.
Could be where a bunch of the issue is.

The default for the modem should be 10.0.0.1 i think (unless its changed since they did mine)

Though you may have to plug directly into the rogers modem, and not through your router.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Yeah.. your running likely double NAT'd right now.. one router running through another.

The default for the modem should be 10.0.0.1 i think (unless its changed since they did mine)

Though you may have to plug directly into the rogers modem, and not through your router.

Thanks...

Logged in and set it to bridge mode and still same issue..

What else can I try.

I also follow instruction on this forum to set my asus router ipvs as per rogers setting

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

Thanks...

Logged in and set it to bridge mode and still same issue..

What else can I try.

I also follow instruction on this forum to set my asus router ipvs as per rogers setting

Which model Asus routers do you have and are you running them as router/AP and AP or in AIMesh mode?

I have two Asus RT-AC68U routers set up as Wireless Router mode/AiMesh router mode (default) and the second one in AiMesh Node mode. The Rogers Arris modem/router is in modem/router mode with Wifi disabled.

I am getting strong Wifi signals throughout the house (three levels including basement - 3,500 sq ft on upper two levels)