Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@Square wrote:

Hello,

Could someone who lives in Waterloo Region or who receives Kitchener CTV News let me know if you have the Restart option at 6:00pm?  My relative who has Bell, has this option.   Thank you.

Dont live in the area, but can fill in a bit on some stuff.

A lot of the 'replay/restart' options are based on licensing.. that whoever is broadcasting has the rights for that channel, if they have the 'on demand' type of licensing as well for the content.

I think that is why bell has MUCH MORE in this regard, as they own much more of the media content now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Has anyone else been having issues on PLAYBACK of 'recordings'??

Does not seem to be ALL of them, just specific ones.
It will often start (or once in a blue moon not even start).. and says 'there is an issue playing back your recording'.

The only SEMI decent part is, it seems to have a failover when it has this issue.  
It will auto find an ON DEMAND copy of it and start that for you instead.  Only problem is that some of them wont allow you to FF, etc Smiley Sad

I've experienced this as well. Not a lot but occasionally. I've also had issues while watching Netflix ... I'be watching a programme when all of a sudden I get kicked right out of Netflix and back into regular live TV. When I go back into Netflix, it picks up from the point I was watching when it kicked me out.

I've also had instances while watching either live TV or a recording where the screen goes black with no audio; this lasts anywhere from 15 to 45 seconds and then the picture and audio come back but I lose some few seconds of the programme. I think that this may be that for those few seconds the WiFi signal is not strong enough to transmit to the stb. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thank you.  Ya, I thought this might be the case cause Bell runs CTV Kitchener.  I will go to my local Rogers store and check out the demo of Ignite TV to make sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Installation of Wireless Ignite TV

I am contemplating upgrading to the new Ignite wireless Tv and I have some questions that I would appreciate being answered. I will try to be as brief as possible.

I have 2 TV set ups

Kitchen

RCA 19 inch RT1970

Will the remote from ignite power this TV?

Living Room

Components

TV LG 43UF6800

Bose Sound Link Air

DayTek DVR Player & Recorder DVR950

These components are controlled by Harmony Smart Control including separate remote and software loaded on Ipad

Will the Ignite remote power these components?

Can I use both the Ignite remote and the Harmony Smart control to run these units?

Thank in advance for your input.

I've Been Here Awhile

Couple of quick questions for you guys as I’m debating on having ignite installed.

Right now I have Gigabit internet and 2 nextbox installs, one is 4K.

How is the quality of the router when compared to the coda 4582? Does it have the same wifi range?

Is the TV quality any better in terms of menu speed and 4K picture quality?

I’m really just looking to see if it’s worth the extra cost or now.

Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genec wrote:

Will the Ignite remote power these components? 

I assume you mean will the Ignite remote control these components.  Have a look at the following website, select the Ignite remote and put in your components to see if there is a code for that component.  If there is, then it should work, however, it may only do the basics like power it on/off, volume, etc.  You may need to revert to the Harmony for the other control functions.  For example, I don't see a button for AVR/Audio on the Ignite remote.  Perhaps someone here with experience using the Ignite remote with components beyond a TV and box will have additional information for you.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

If the Harmony already controls your components all you need to have it control is the new Ignite box, which it will according to previous discussions on this and other forums.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ONeill88 wrote:
Couple of quick questions for you guys as I’m debating on having ignite installed.

Right now I have Gigabit internet and 2 nextbox installs, one is 4K.

How is the quality of the router when compared to the coda 4582? Does it have the same wifi range?

Is the TV quality any better in terms of menu speed and 4K picture quality?

I’m really just looking to see if it’s worth the extra cost or now.

Thanks

Not 100% positive on the range.. i would think so.. 
when I got mine, I went with the Eero mesh network units that rogers can install.. and they work VERY well.

menu speed, while I never had the 4k box... its probably still 2x as fast as the nextbox 3,  and like 10x as fast as the others.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there! I fully agree with GD kitty below.

I do not have 4K however, the ignite box provides much better picture quality than the next box that I had previously.

With regards to the Wi-Fi, I went with the Rogers mesh system that they installed for me. I find it truly excellent, and the interface, which is an app for the iPad or iPhone, is user-friendly and informative. I am very happy with it.

Hope this helps. !
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your helpful information.You are correct I did mean control the components not power on.Do you think if I have the Harmony control run all the components I could use the Ignite remote just for searches?

Thank you for all your help

Genec

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes! That is exactly what I am doing!

Julia