Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@rblaiklock wrote:

...on on a few occasions I have had a live show paused for an extended period (5 minutes or more). After a while it starts playing on its own and can’t be paused anymore. Similarly pushing rewind doesn’t have any effect.  Pushing the button on the remote causes the symbol to appear on the tv but nothing actually happens 

Are you beyond the end of the programme in actuality when this happens. If you are into the time-frame of the next programme, that would explain it. I've often said that instead of pressing "pause" to pause live TV, press the record button instead. This way the programme will be properly recorded and you'll be able to go back and watch it from your recorded list if anything happens, like you not coming back to the room for an hour or so, etc..

rblaiklock
I've Been Here Awhile

no, in fact last night it was only 5 or 10 minutes into the show we were watching.
cgoncalves1982
I've Been Around

Sorry tried to search this massive thread but couldn't locate a recent answer..

Does anyone know if you can download the Ignite TV App onto an android box via the Goggle Play Store and watch tv via that method on a TV inside your home.

I just can't justify $10/month for extra boxes for TV locations that we barely ever watch TV on but do about 2-5 times a month. I need to cover 4 tv locations and was thinking 2 Rogers boxes and 2 android boxes.

Appreciate any insight..

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

While casting my cell phone screen on my Chromecast, I attempted to use the Ignite app to watch a program. It said "sorry this feature is not available on this device in this mode."  You may be able to extend your notebook/desktop computer display via HDMI to your TV with the ignite app but not casting it not can I cast it using my Samsung TV and Samsung cell by mirroring it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cgoncalves1982 wrote:

Does anyone know if you can download the Ignite TV App onto an android box via the Goggle Play Store and watch tv via that method on a TV inside your home.

No you cannot.  One person was able to sideload onto Nexus - see:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Ignite-TV-Installation-Experiences-Questions/m-p/4271...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

While casting my cell phone screen on my Chromecast, I attempted to use the Ignite app to watch a program. It said "sorry this feature is not available on this device in this mode."  You may be able to extend your notebook/desktop computer display via HDMI to your TV with the ignite app but not casting it not can I cast it using my Samsung TV and Samsung cell by mirroring it.

AFAIK You can't cast or use HDMI at this time.  These are rights restrictions.

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

Isn't the issue always what happens when things don't work as expected. This way it's their problem. :))
RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm guessing 10% is low but agree it's probably well under 50% CURRENTLY.  But more and more people will have things like wireless lights (Lutron seems to be going gang busters), and of course all the other devices in the media room.  

Without Harmony, we'dhave eight  remotes in the basement (Sharp TV, onkyo Home Theatre Receiver, rogers box, NAD audio amp, Samsung DVD player, Mission CD player, Wii, Squeezebox). 

This is could be a deal breaker.   The thing with Harmony is the combination of a small remote and a mobile app that handles all functions (including config etc) on all devices.   Plus the lights.  

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

This sounds workable.   Any one else got Harmony Smart remote to work?

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

It's gone for good due to the Comcast TiVo legal spat. There's another thread on this. Poor due diligence by Rogers when they decided to outsource the tech for the existing (cable) stuff.