Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

I am having a problem viewing my recordings om my desktop computer using the ignitetv.rogers.com site. Every time I log in and try  to view a recording I get the following message:

Well that didn’t go as planned...

We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program.

I am able to watch the recordings on my TVs via the STBs and on the Ignite TV app but not on my desktop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just tested.
I am at work, on a bell business internet connection.

I am able to log into the ignite site, and play back videos just fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just tried again. Now I can’t stream anything at all. No recordings and no Live TV. When I try and watch a recording I get the same message that I posted before. When I try and stream live tv I get the message in the third screenshot; when I click on diagnostics I get the second and first screenshots respectively:5DA759B1-690D-4477-A552-3699C6E7099C.jpeg94D68704-A52A-4F2D-B648-FE6A0B5A418A.jpeg:

78870775-8705-4A2F-A7C2-A2517C2E3F30.jpeg

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you connecting through a VPN or using a US DNS\Proxy service?

I Plan to Stick Around

@fgsdgsegfe wrote:

Are you connecting through a VPN or using a US DNS\Proxy service?

Neither, watching at home connected to my home network. desktop is hard wired to the Xi6 via an Asus AC68-Uin AiMesh mode. The Xi6 is running in modem/router mode with WiFi disabled.

I have since rebooted tthe Xi6 and the Asus as well as a couple of the STBs. At first I wasn’t able to watch anything but now am able to stream live TV as well as all my recordings.

I've Been Around

Rogers Ignite modem with Google Wifi?

Looking at getting Rogers Ignite TV. What I have currently is 500 gb Internet, Cable. I’ve disabled the network gateway so the Rogers internet all in one modem is actually just the modem the using google wifi to spend out wifi signal.

Speaking to someone at the Rogers about ignite tv. They said it wasn’t able to disable the wifi part in the new modem and if the wifi was bad would have to “rent” there eeri extenders which I told him why would I pay a ton for when it’s like 500 purchased right out.

Has anyone been able to do disable and use there own wifi modem.

Reading other posts people say they are disabling the wifi so I’m assuming it’s possible but want to know if someone has done this yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. You can easily bridge the modem. When setting up the TV receivers you simply attach them to your personal wifi ssid from your router just like any other device. Works great!
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV Freezing

The installation and general operation went well. However, since then I find that TV transmission freezes about every 10 minutes for about a minute. I had techs in and they found that the boxes were "not paired" and "not connected". This was fixed but the freeze of the transmission continues regardless of channel being watched. Very annoying!

Any solutions in the community before I call tech support AGAIN!

I've Been Around

hi there, are you controlling the new box with IR? we install control4 systems and use IR buds on the front of the boxes to control them. I need to know if this is possible or not

Cheers

Matthew

I've Been Around

Does anyone know how to change the network settings on the Arris Xi6-A set top box?

The tech that installed put a wifi booster in our bedroom to boost the 5G signal and my Son thought it would be fun to press the reset button.  So now I have to reprogram the booster and the set top box so that it picks up the signal from the booster.  I know if you go into the setup of the box you can see the network name it's on, but you can't easily change it.  I saw the tech selecting the WiFi network and putting the password in but I have no idea how he did it.