Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

I have a quick question: how does one determine the firmware version of the Xi6 boxes? I currently have four up and running. One is connected by ethernet and the other three are connected via wifi.

I've gone into the gateway web page and checked under hardware and the only thing that shows up is the modem/router itself. I've also checked under connected devices and while a lot of my wifi devices (iPhone, iPad, etc) are identified by name there are a number of other devices that are only identified by MAC address and there are no other details other than whether the device is DHCP/Reserved, signal level and connection type.

I Plan to Stick Around

and how does one force a firmware update to the Xi6

I'm Here A Lot

In the About section within the box’s settings
I Plan to Stick Around

@rinse82 Thanks. Found it. But what is the latest firmware version and how does one force the update?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@StatsMan wrote:

@rinse82 Thanks. Found it. But what is the latest firmware version and how does one force the update?

You can't force an update.  It's rolled out by Rogers on their schedule.

I'm Here A Lot

Did my concierge screw up? None of my Rogers emails work and after sending a test email to some got a bounce back saying address didn’t exist

I hope these aren’t gone forever. They were to be migrated from my previous internet account.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thats all and well that they install everything, but I still cant wrap my head around paying for the installation.  So you are going to charge me for these services, but in order to buy these services I need your equipment,  makes sense.

Your going to charge me to install the equipment so I can buy services from you, doesn't make sense.

I Plan to Stick Around

Was at Rogers Cup today in Toronto and they’re pushing IgniteTV pretty hard. IgniteTV branding everywhere, with a demo area featuring Milos Raonic in the video walk-through.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Why not? Make cable as obsolete as POTS.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@candug wrote:

Thats all and well that they install everything, but I still cant wrap my head around paying for the installation.  So you are going to charge me for these services, but in order to buy these services I need your equipment,  makes sense.

Your going to charge me to install the equipment so I can buy services from you, doesn't make sense.

For someone probably technical.. it does seem like a waste.

But your average consumer?  Has no clue about setup, and guarantee that the wifi in their house is pretty bad.

That these boxes run on wifi and require a good signal... its to make sure that the house is set up RIGHT, so they have a good signal, so they are less likely to have to call in later complaining of issues.