Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Though this page is now saying you can get it??

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/bundles/netflix-offer?icid=bu-lpotcon-ngrcbndl-13

Im confused...

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Boy that ad is really confusing. I think they have it wrong. I don't think the ad was supposed to be for ignite tv. 

If it is then my consierge will be hearing from me.

big_nono
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I may have missed this but, I have a 3 wired devices that I would like to continue that way. I've heard that the modem only has two slots.do they provide a network switch of some sort?

gisuck
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@big_nono wrote:

Sorry, I may have missed this but, I have a 3 wired devices that I would like to continue that way. I've heard that the modem only has two slots.do they provide a network switch of some sort?

Yes, the installer will make sure you have proper equipment when they do the install. They will install switches and wifi repeaters to make sure your IPTV installation works and your current network infrastructure is connected.

pvanb
I Plan to Stick Around

Yah, I see that promotion now too. Maybe they accidentally added the "promotional only" 150u speed to the regular bundle page. Seriously going to consider this now though.

big_nono
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks...do you know how many slots it comes with or does it depend on how many connection i have?
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@big_nono wrote:
thanks...do you know how many slots it comes with or does it depend on how many connection i have?

What do you mean "slots"? RJ45 connections? The Arris VB6 only has two LAN connections. You can add a switch.

big_nono
I Plan to Stick Around

yes RJ45 connections. i'm under the impression that a switch is provided are you saying that's incorrect
gisuck
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I was given a switch by the technician, but because I wanted to try out bridge mode (which the technician will not support. It's best let them do the install and do your experimentation later) I didn't put it into my network yet.

big_nono
I Plan to Stick Around

I think ill spend a few weeks with the provided modem before I try the bridge mode path...
so how many rj45 connections does the switch support ?