Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@cristen wrote:

I just heard of Ignite TV last night and I'm very curious.  So as I've read, the box is really small (which is awesome).  My main question - will that little box be able to be out of sight / out of mind or will I need to have it close to the TV.  The setup I want to do and have been trying to figure out how - TV wall mounted above a fireplace with the box in a utility room nearby.  I know people have this exact setup with Bell Fibe.  Will I now be able to do this with Ignite TV?  I don't want to see any boxes of any kind.  Just TV.

My understanding is that the Ignite boxes have RF remotes, so you wouldn't need line of sight for the box's operation.

So, in theory, I guess its possible.

As an aside, you could also do this with the Nextbox 3.0 and the 4K boxes, because they are also RF remote capable.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The boxes are about 5x5x1, size of a media player, gee they are a media player. Only connections: HDMI, power and RJ45. No digital Optical for audio. 

RF remote is great. It also does IR. My Harmony One controls it as well.

andrew9446
I Plan to Stick Around

In plain simple English, yes you can hide the box completely out of site if you like. Its so small its barely noticeable anyways.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In the case of these boxes.. i wouldnt even bother putting it in another room. You likely could just mount it to the back of the TV, etc.

Right now I have 3 books stacked infront of mine on the shelf, and it works perfectly fine.

pvanb
I Plan to Stick Around

So it sounds like “restart” is just a shortcut to ROD, with all the annoying restrictions that come with it?

My favourite feature is where it craps out 75% of the way through and the only option is to restart from the beginning with no FF capability 🤬
cristen
I've Been Here Awhile

So will we be able to watch anything stored on our nextbox pvr once we switch to ignite tv?  I'm guessing no... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cristen wrote:

So will we be able to watch anything stored on our nextbox pvr once we switch to ignite tv?  I'm guessing no... 

You could if:

1. You unplug the RF coax to the unit before Rogers disables it via that connection.

2. You don't lose power to the unit because a reboot would require the RF-coax connection, which would disable the unit. (Use a UPS to extend the "up-time")

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@cristen wrote:

You could if:

1. You unplug the RF coax to the unit before Rogers disables it via that connection.

2. You don't lose power to the unit because a reboot would require the RF-coax connection, which would disable the unit. (Use a UPS to extend the "up-time")

Just curious if you could subscribe to both systems in parallel for a month or two until all the saved Nextbox shows have been viewed.  But then I don't suppose someone who has saved a lot of stuff would be able to binge watch all of it in a short time while enjoying the new Ignite system.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@57 wrote:

@cristen wrote:

You could if:

Just curious if you could subscribe to both systems in parallel for a month or two until all the saved Nextbox shows have been viewed.  But then I don't suppose someone who has saved a lot of stuff would be able to binge watch all of it in a short time while enjoying the new Ignite system.

That's an interesting question. They're believed to be two separate billing systems, so the question is simply whether the same address can have service in both billing systems. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Just curious if you could subscribe to both systems in parallel for a month or two until all the saved Nextbox shows have been viewed.  

When I asked that question, they said it was not possible, however, a workaround would be to be billed as two separate households, but probably not worth the trouble.