Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Haha ok.

That is the ip on the lan side. The diagnostic screen on the xi6 gives you the external address.

Everything was working before you bridged the rogers? Have you had it installed long?
Fretty
I'm Here A Lot

Oh whoops, my bad! My external IPv4 address is: 99.252.26.X
Grabbed that from my router (not Rogers modem or xi6 box, does that make a difference?).

Had it installed for a couple weeks now, been working fine the whole time.
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe you can check on the receiver itself.

I was thinking if you just had it installed you may need a firmware update on the rogers modem to bridge properly but that is probably ok.
Fretty
I'm Here A Lot

The Client IP Address is: 169.254.85.X
This is under the "Other" section as well as the Device Address.

kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm everything seems like it should be good to me. Have you tried returning the rogers back to gateway just to ensure you can still get live tv? This may help determine if your receiver’s mac address mysteriously disappeared from your account or something weird like that.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@StatsMan wrote:

I have noticed that with Ignite TV, when setting a recording while watching a programme, that the recording starts at the point at which the record button is pressed instead of recording from the beginning of the programme.

Some of the channels do have an option for "restart", where you can watch a programme from the beginning, however, usually you cannot skip commercials when utilizing Restart.

StatsMan
I Plan to Stick Around

I’ve noticed very few channels that show restart. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough. It seems that Bell does this better than Rogers

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It seems that a lot of it is based on what shows are available as on demand, etc.. for being able to do the restart.

Bell likely has that much of an easier time with it.. as they own so much more of the actual channel content itself, easier for them to offer it. (vs rogers having to pay to get on demand access, etc)

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just a side note. If you select a channel and it just shows black screen,  it could be because you are not subscribed to that channel. The guide does not show you which channels are ir are not in your package. Press guide a second time and select free to me.

cristen
I've Been Here Awhile

I just heard of Ignite TV last night and I'm very curious.  So as I've read, the box is really small (which is awesome).  My main question - will that little box be able to be out of sight / out of mind or will I need to have it close to the TV.  The setup I want to do and have been trying to figure out how - TV wall mounted above a fireplace with the box in a utility room nearby.  I know people have this exact setup with Bell Fibe.  Will I now be able to do this with Ignite TV?  I don't want to see any boxes of any kind.  Just TV.