Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplePanda
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@kibosh wrote:
I haven't got it fully working but am very close.  I can get everything except Netflix working for some odd reason.

Strange. You'd think Netflix would be the least picky part given it'll work over any internet connection.

Do you have two Xi6 units? If so, how much/big is the discrepancy between the two of them, sync wise, when you tune to the same channel?

Does live TV (or DVR recordings) ever buffer? Seems like if Rogers is using HLS that's a definite possibility?

How quick is it two skip ahead (30 seconds or whatever the skip button is) when you're watching a recorded program?

kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

RIGHT!?!?!  It makes no sense to me.

I actually have 3 units.  All of the units are basically synced totally.  They is a tiny echo in the sound when I tune them to the same channel . . . its less of a difference than Fibe TV for sure.

Rogers pushed out a firmware update yesterday that makes the channels tune immediately now.  Prior to this, the channels would come in blocky and then take a few seconds to fully come in HD.  I have never seen any buffering though.

The skipping is virtually instantaneous and with voice control completely customizable . . . you can just say "fast forward 2 minutes" and it does it.  This product is light years ahead of even Bell Fibe TV which I loved in comparison to Navigatr.  

SimplePanda
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting.

I just wish Rogers internet was better; i'd consider switching back given this Ignite TV improvement.

In general I found Rogers routing and core network a little better than Bell's, but Rogers last mile really drops the ball and they just can't compete with FTTH for internet access. I have symmetrical gigabit with 3ms pings to Google and basically no jitter right now (Gigabit Fibe). My old Rogers Gigabit connection (before I switched) wasn't coming anywhere close to that.

It's really night and day compared to Bell FTTH. Not even competitive, really.

If Rogers offered Ignite Internet/TV over FTTH, well....

andrew9446
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no issue with Rogers Internet. My speeds are consistent, mostly getting above advertised speed, and always reliable. I don't really care about delivery method as long as it works to my expectations. So far so good with Ignite Tv. Has anyone by the way noticed they added a Kids Youtube App? I just noticed it yesterday but its not of interest to me per say.

jpg222
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi has anyone's t.v and internet crashed? So far mine has crashed 4 times once on Saturday, three times Tuesday (today). I was told this is do to updates. Hope it doesn't happen that much more.
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I haven't had any issues.

jpg222
I Plan to Stick Around

Good for you. I called they are sending someone over to check it out.
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just trying to give you some feedback that it may not be a widespread issue. Glad they are checking it out for you.
marriedawop
I've Been Around

Do you have to pay for each tv you set up in your household? Or does the price include tv's in all your rooms etc

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@marriedawop : As discussed in this and the other Ignite thread, it's $10/mo beyond the first TV.