cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Gdkitty
Resident Expert

Creating this thread so we can separate any discussion about alternate methods of connectivity 
(if at all possible still, etc)

- Bridge Mode - is it capable of connecting the boxes to your own modem

- Wired connection

- How to connect these boxes in those methods.

*Edited Labels*

318 REPLIES 318

Re: Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

@Juneid77 I won't speculate on that last question 🙂

Can you have a look at the following post, which answers a slow wifi performance question very similar to yours.  Have a look at the wifi settings and adjust your settings if necessary to match.  Then, as indicated, load inSSIDer and the Lizard Systems wifi scanner to have look at your wifi environment.  Hopefully any required changes to the wifi settings and channels will improve your wifi throughput. 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Hitron-CODA-4582-Hardware/m-p/435730#M55170

Please let me know how this turns out.  The wifi settings should be generic to any modem or router. 

bhoward57
I Plan to Stick Around

I have 500bps internet and I consistently get ~600bps at Rogers and non-Rogers sites.

My Wi-Fi using my LG v30 is ~220bps near the modem and ~175 on the next floor. My wife's Ipad mini get > 300 bps near the modem.

Two of my terminals are hard wired and one is Wi-Fi. All work great.

Juneid77
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks for the suggestion. However using Google wifi, it does all that automatically.

On wifi I get almoat 500mbs when I'm next to the Google wifi that's hard wired to the ignite box, however when my Macbook Pro is hard wired, I get at best 250 mbps.

Obviously when rogers sends their tech support, I get full speed, when they leave it goes back to below mediocre.

@Juneid77, when you indicate that you're running a hard wired test with the MacBook Pro, is that via ethernet, or is that via gigabit ethernet to USB 3.0 or gigabit ethernet to Type C adapter?  

Juneid77
I Plan to Stick Around
My apologise, I failed to mention, it was using an Ethernet cable