cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Creating this thread so we can separate any discussion about alternate methods of connectivity 
(if at all possible still, etc)

- Bridge Mode - is it capable of connecting the boxes to your own modem

- Wired connection

- How to connect these boxes in those methods.

*Edited Labels*

318 REPLIES 318

Re: Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A simple, unmanaged LAN switch should work fine with the XB6.  If it not working, the problem should only require basic troubleshooting.  Do you see a link light on the uplink connection?  Is the cable good?  Did you try using another cable?  Where did you get the cable from?  Is it a proper Cat-5e or Cat-6 4-pair (8-wire) cable?

Is the computer, that is connected to the switch, getting an IP address from the XB6 gateway?  If the switch has good connectivity to the XB6, try unpluging the computer's Ethernet cable from the switch, then plug it in again.

I have not checked since switching the modem. When the problem initially happened, I changed the Cat6 cables, used a variety of different ones, powered the modem down, and restarted it,. I don't remember if I was getting a unique IP address, I will have to check. I do remember the visible connections under network and internet setting showed up as an unknown network. I will try again with the replacement modem I received and reply back in regards to the uplink connection and ip addresses.

Dataovercable
I've Been Here Awhile

After the last update (two to three weeks ago) the short cut: "Exit Exit down down 9434" does not work to bring up the change WiFi network on the ignite tv boxes. Since the boxes DO NOT REMEMBER that they are on Extenders and default to the lower/weaker signals of the base station you need to reset them EVERY time that they do a cold reset/start up. Now the code does not bring up the WiFI network selection screen.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR

@Dataovercable wrote:

After the last update (two to three weeks ago) the short cut: "Exit Exit down down 9434" does not work to bring up the change WiFi network on the ignite tv boxes.

The key sequence is: press-and-hold Exit for three seconds, then key in Down Down 9 4 3 4