cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite Premier offer ??

reed935
I plan to stick around

Trying to figure out the "personalized offer just for you" message that seems to be displayed on any Rogers screen I go to.  Seems unusual because I already have the Premier package which Rogers is trying to reoffer to me.  Only problem is that the new package (same name) has 130 less total channels and 26 less Flex channels.  . ...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers Ignite Premier offer ??

reed935
I plan to stick around

How the heck do I go about figuring out which 130 channels/26 flex channels I would be losing ??  Are there new channels that I don't get now ??  

reed935
I plan to stick around

The more I look into this, the more peeved I am getting.  This new offer quotes my current package (1 GB internet, Ignite TV Premier, home phone) as costing $120 more that it shows on my actual bill, which makes the offered deal look great.  Except that my bill says the package is even cheaper that the new special offer (yeah I know the internet speed is increased, but I am already getting more that I need).  Looks like just a corporate move to get rid of my old "grandfathered" package.  Very disappointing ...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@reed935 wrote:

The more I look into this, the more peeved I am getting.  This new offer quotes my current package (1 GB internet, Ignite TV Premier, home phone) as costing $120 more that it shows on my actual bill, 

What's probably happening is that it's comparing a new offer compared to what you would be paying once your current "contract" is finished, not what you're paying with your current contract.  If your current contract  was a promotion to get you to Rogers, then you cannot expect to continue with that promotion, but rather you'll be paying a lot more either way.

You can contact Rogers and ask them to send you a comparison of your current channels vs the channels you'll be getting with the new offer. Yes, the "new" premier loses a lot of channels and flex channels and may not be worth losing.  You may wish to PM the moderators on this forum for clarification and the list of channels. See instructions below:

When logged into the forum, click on  @CommunityHelps   .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while they get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

reed935
I plan to stick around

I am not aware of being on any promotional pricing.  Been on Ignite TV for quite a while now.  No indication on the bill either.  According to my bill I currently pay $196.99 for 1 GB internet, Ignite Premier (233/93) and home phone.  The Rogers offer says it currently is costing me $319.76, and they are offering 1.5 GB internet, Ignite Premier (103/67) and home phone for $213.99.  That is a big difference in pricing !!  Costs more and get only half the channels I currently get.  Seems more like they want to "trick" me into signing up for the "new and improved" package.  Not at all interested in accepting this "special offer just for me".

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@reed935  I have seen a similar offer with my account on MyRogers.  As you noticed, some of the information that got displayed in the promotion is nonsense but I think I can help you make sense of what you will (and will not) get if you accept the offer.

First, disregard any details about your current bundle.  The monthly price shown and the number of channels that you currently get is wrong.

In the new offer, disregard the number of channels and flex channels that you get in Premier.  There is no such thing as a Premier bundle with 67 Flex channels.  What you will get is the bundle details that Rogers displays on https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages .  Last fall, Rogers "shrinkflated" the Premier bundle; in Ontario, it now comes with 95 total channels, which includes 63 Flex channels.  If you click "67 Flex Channels" link on your MyRogers offer, you will probably see 65 Flex Channels listed; It should list 63 Flex Channels + CityNews 24/7 East and West, which are currently in Free Preview.

If you currently have a Premier bundle that includes 87 Flex channels, you will end up losing access to 24 Flex Channels.

You can trust the Ignite TV and Internet credits that get displayed under "Promotions and discounts".  However, if you see an offer for "6 months of Disney+ on us" but have already previously received a free Disney+ promotion, you don't qualify to receive another one.

I'm pretty sure that you can trust the promotional price listed under "Your new bundle".  Just beware that you will end up losing 24 channels, and you will get whatever channels that a new Premier subscriber will get, so read the terms under "See Full Details" on https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation