cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite Modem

Mide
I've been around

How long does it take for modem to reboot after disconnecting power then plugging back in 

4 TVs and internet

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite Modem

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the modem, I'd say at least 5 minutes in order for the modem to lock to the downstream and upstream OFDM channels.  If there is a modem firmware update that ran just after the reboot, it might take another 5 minutes to load the firmware, followed by an automatic reboot, which would take another 5 minutes.  

The tv boxes might take 5 to 10 minutes at the most to reestablish communications with the various servers that it needs to run.  

So, worst case scenario, maybe 20 to 25 minutes depending on whether or not there was a modem firmware update as well. 

If you were to reboot both the modem and set top boxes almost simultaneously, I'd say maybe 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops, under normal circumstances. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers Ignite Modem

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the modem, I'd say at least 5 minutes in order for the modem to lock to the downstream and upstream OFDM channels.  If there is a modem firmware update that ran just after the reboot, it might take another 5 minutes to load the firmware, followed by an automatic reboot, which would take another 5 minutes.  

The tv boxes might take 5 to 10 minutes at the most to reestablish communications with the various servers that it needs to run.  

So, worst case scenario, maybe 20 to 25 minutes depending on whether or not there was a modem firmware update as well. 

If you were to reboot both the modem and set top boxes almost simultaneously, I'd say maybe 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops, under normal circumstances. 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation