Reswind/Restart to watch TV show earlier in the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Reswind/Restart to watch TV show earlier in the day

I'm trying to a view shows at my in-law's place (they have Ignite TV) that were shown earlier in the day (but did not record).  I thought it was something that can be done and one of the main selling features for Ignite TV.  When I tried to move the guide to earlier time, the screen would not allow me to go past the current timeslot - ie. I cannot move the guide back several hours earlier in the day and rewind to watch a show.  With Bell Fibe, I can bring up the guide, press left arrow on the remote, go back earlier timeslot and watch that show that I missed.

Is there something I need to do with Ignite in order to watch a show that was aired earlier in the day?

*Added Labels*

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Reswind/Restart to watch TV show earlier in the day

IMHO that would be a good idea. To be able to see prior scheduled shows and then you can use the restart/On-demand feature to watch it. Beneficial only if you are just browsing and not looking for something specific.

If you are looking for something specific then just use voice search and it will show you future times and/or on-demand availability.

But unfortunately they do not allow prior time on the guide.

Bill

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the Rogers link on the Restart feature.  It looks like you can only restart to the beginning of the programme and not earlier times in the day.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/how-to-restart-shows-ignite-tv

There are a fair number of programmes available on-demand, so that may be an option. Another option would be to use a browser and go to the website of the broadcaster. They often have their programming available to stream.  Usually you end up having to watch commercials, unless the programme is on a premium channel like Crave.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rgl168 wrote:

I'm trying to a view shows at my in-law's place (they have Ignite TV) that were shown earlier in the day (but did not record).  I thought it was something that can be done and one of the main selling features for Ignite TV.  When I tried to move the guide to earlier time, the screen would not allow me to go past the current timeslot - ie. I cannot move the guide back several hours earlier in the day and rewind to watch a show.  With Bell Fibe, I can bring up the guide, press left arrow on the remote, go back earlier timeslot and watch that show that I missed.

Is there something I need to do with Ignite in order to watch a show that was aired earlier in the day?

*Added Labels*

It is possible to watch some recently-aired shows with Ignite TV.  The way I do it is by using the voice command feature to search for the program that I want to watch; the episode might be available for viewing under "Watch Now".  It not always possible, and definitely won't work if Rogers does not have the rights to restart the show, but it's worth trying.

That said, restarting a show is MUCH easier with Fibe TV.  I also miss being able to go backwards in the Guide, even if it's just to see what I missed, or to check when a specific missed episode might be airing again.

(With Ignite TV, it also bugs me that when going forward in the Guide, the day of the week is only shown for the next 5 days and then after that, only the date is displayed.  It's a pain navigating to a show that you want to record that airs on Thursday next week.  And why does entering a new channel number while in the Guide have to take you back to the present date/time?!?)