cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset wifi password does not work

Lokos
I've been around

I need help with wifi . I reset password and it works for phone but not laptops ...it is using old password ???

*** Edited Labels *** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reset wifi password does not work

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Thomas44  I've seen this happen on an iPhone before.  If you search the Internet / Twitter / support.apple.com for "iphone wifi incorrect password", you'll see countless other reports of people unable to connect to Wi-Fi due to an "Incorrect password" even though their Wi-Fi password has not changed in ages.

Sometimes, restarting your iPhone will clear the problem.

Disabling Wi-Fi on the iPhone, disabling Location Services (in Settings > Privacy > Location Services) and then re-enabling Wi-Fi can also sometimes get your iPhone to connect (this worked in my case) after which, you can re-enable Location Services.  

The responses from "AppleSupport" on Twitter (sounding like they have never heard this problem reported before) are also somewhat amusing.  Others, on the Internet, have shared their own (sometimes bizarre) tips.  Hopefully, you should never have to resort to using "Reset Network Settings"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @Lokos

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to have all of your devices able to connect to WiFi as not many devices still have Ethernet ports these days. Have you followed the steps via this Support Article to change the WiFi Password?

It sounds like your Laptops' are using the old WiFi password that was saved on your device. Please go into the saved WiFi network settings on your device and forget your home wireless network. Once that is done, go into the list of available WiFi networks and manually connect to your network, enter the password that you recently reset and try to connect.

Let us know if you are still having issues connecting to WiFi.

RogersTony

Thomas44
I've been around

I started having this problem last night. Basically, I was having trouble to reconnect to my Wi-Fi network. Suddenly, last night, my iPhone decided that my Wi-Fi password was incorrect, even though I was using the same password for years without any problem

Hey @Thomas44!

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having WiFi connectivity issues as well! Let us know if the steps in the above post are helpful!
If not please let us know what steps have been taken thus far.

- Are you having the same error message on any other device?

- Does the error message persist after removal of the WiFi network and re-connection?

- Have there been any changes to your home network? Addition of any new hardware or software such as firewall or VPN?

@RogersAndy

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Thomas44  I've seen this happen on an iPhone before.  If you search the Internet / Twitter / support.apple.com for "iphone wifi incorrect password", you'll see countless other reports of people unable to connect to Wi-Fi due to an "Incorrect password" even though their Wi-Fi password has not changed in ages.

Sometimes, restarting your iPhone will clear the problem.

Disabling Wi-Fi on the iPhone, disabling Location Services (in Settings > Privacy > Location Services) and then re-enabling Wi-Fi can also sometimes get your iPhone to connect (this worked in my case) after which, you can re-enable Location Services.  

The responses from "AppleSupport" on Twitter (sounding like they have never heard this problem reported before) are also somewhat amusing.  Others, on the Internet, have shared their own (sometimes bizarre) tips.  Hopefully, you should never have to resort to using "Reset Network Settings"

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation