cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for HDMI switch and cables

reed935
I plan to stick around

I have Ignite box connected to my Denon receiver and currently get 4K HDR, through the whole chain.  Have the receiver set up so that Ignite connection is passed through when the Denon is turned off.  We got a record player for Xmas, but when listening to it on the receiver, I can't watch Ignite.  To resolve this, I purchased a

2-port HDMI switch (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09D7MRPJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) + 2 new HDMI cables (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08SCNXM86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  When I go to use the record player, I switch the HDMI switch to the second connection which goes directly into TV.  I could not get anything on the TV.  Is there a problem with the switch/cables that do not meet the required Ignite specs ??  Any help would be appreciated.

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Requirements for HDMI switch and cables

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

There may be an digital rights issue, but to rule this out you should try a few different connection configurations:

1. Ignite box to HDMI switch to AVR to TV

2. Ignite to AVR to HDMI switch to TV

The results of these tests should help identify any issue.

reed935
I plan to stick around

First one is how I had tried to set it up, but didn't work.  Will have to spend some time to try and figure this out.  Second one makes no sense at all as the AVR will not pass any signal through when the record player is active, so not even going to try this one ...

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

The second one is not intended as a solution but a discovery on what works and what does not.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Have you tried setting up the record player as Zone2 on the Denon?

When using an HDMI switch, you run into EDID issues. A switch with a selectable EDID for each port will be required.

bobp3008
I've been here awhile

In the reviews for the switch there is a comment regarding this switch not having an independent power supply and drawing its power from the HDMI inputs. You may want to try a switch with and independent power supply. Perhaps the Ignite box isn't supplying sufficient current to the switch.  

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation