Recordings Not Saving or Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGoudreault
I've Been Here Awhile

Recordings Not Saving or Working

Hello,

For a while now, I had set some programs to record. However, although they are shown in the grid and the Scheduled panel, none ended up being saved. While searching online, I found that performing a System Refresh would fix the issue and/or the connection to the Cloud Ignite save area. I did so and managed to get a couple of programs - they did record and appeared in the Recordings panel. Now, two weeks later, these saved recordings are gone. This does not appear to be a “running out of space” issue (since there is nothing there) nor is it a “delete if running out of space” for the same reason

How can I get this functionality back so that it works reliably?

*Added Labels*

RogersTony

Re: Recordings Not Saving or Working

Hello, @JGoudreault

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. I know how important it is to have your favourite shows recorded properly so you don't miss any episodes. 

• When was the last time you can recall these programs recording properly?
  • Does this only happen on certain programs or channels?
  • Do you have more than 1 Ignite TV box? If yes, do you notice the recording issue on all of the boxes?
  • Are you able to view the recording via the Ignite TV app/website?
  • Can you confirm how the recordings were set? It is a series recording or a single episode?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

JGoudreault
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello

To your questions (not in order)
- Series were scheduled
- one single Ignite box (out of the 7 we have - all got Refreshed with the last System-wide one)
- Different days, times and channels
- those recordings that disappeared also cannot be found in the app either
- I checked day after recording and it was saved. 3 days after that and it was gone. Future recordings still appear under Scheduled

Should you need more information, please advise

Thank you
RogersMoin

Hello, @JGoudreault.

Thank you so much for the additional info. We'd gladly investigate this issue further and if required we can submit a ticket on your behalf. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

JGoudreault
I've Been Here Awhile

To whom should I send the private message? RogersTony and RogersMoin are not valid recipients
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you look at the post above yours you can:

1. Hover over @RogersMoin 's name and an option will come up to send him a message.

2. Click on the @CommunityHelps hyperlink and an option will come up on the right side of the screen to "send this user a private message".

3. Click on the last hyperlink to see instructions on how to PM.  Link again below.

You need to be logged in.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...