Recording will not play

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Recording will not play

I have a recording from March 10, Late Night with Seth Myers, that will not play.  It will pause, rewind, fast forward, but when play is pressed it stays in the slowest fast forward speed with no sound.  All other recordings from previous and new ones I have done since do play. Very odd, anyone else experience this. 

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Recording will not play

@bruinfn4lf  I have never seen that particular problem before.  A few weeks ago, I ran into a weird situation where a recording would not play.  (Playback failed with an error message.)  I tried again a few minutes later and it worked fine.

Do you still have playback issues after rebooting the set-top box?

If that doesn't fix things, what happens when you go to "Settings / Preferences / General" and set "Prefer Best Available Resolution" to "Off"?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

reboot of set top does not change anything and it is the same on every tv/box combo in my house.  Changing the highest res default does nothing also.  Just tried to play on my iPad with the Ignite app and it is the same. Very strange indeed!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Back when I first got Ignite TV, recordings would fail from time to time.  (When playback failed, the set-top box software would even look for upcoming times for that same episode and ask if I wanted to re-record it!)  However, I haven't seen that happen in ages.