cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording stop times - 30 minutes max?

cbroadbridge
I'm here a lot

I noticed today that when setting a recording, we can no longer set the stop time to be more than 30 minutes. Why is that? When I tape a sporting event, like F1, many times they run overtime. With the Next box we could schedule for up to 3 hours over but Ignite only allowed for up to 90 minutes and now it is maxed out at 30 minutes. This isn’t going to cut it for me. How can this be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Recording stop times - 30 minutes max?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also thought that longer programming had a longer option to extend the time.  What I would do is record F1 Checkered Flag, which always follows the race and extend it by 30 minutes. This will give you 90 minutes buffer and only needs to be set up once.  

Since this is live sports the race should be monitored if it goes long and the recording should be extended for you, however, that doesn't always happen so it's not something you can count on.

I also record the pre-race, pre-quali, etc.  I assume they did this to save on server space.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also thought that longer programming had a longer option to extend the time.  What I would do is record F1 Checkered Flag, which always follows the race and extend it by 30 minutes. This will give you 90 minutes buffer and only needs to be set up once.  

Since this is live sports the race should be monitored if it goes long and the recording should be extended for you, however, that doesn't always happen so it's not something you can count on.

I also record the pre-race, pre-quali, etc.  I assume they did this to save on server space.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm brand new to IgniteTV.  I have found a solution for F1.  Go into you scheduled recordings, select the programme - record options - modify.  This then allows you to extend the recording by 1.5 hours.  So if you do that to F1 Checkered Flag, that will give you 2.5 hours after the race.

Since I'm new, I haven't figured out all the ins/outs of why some programming allows only 30 minutes while other programming may allow 1.5 hours.  I'll have to do some more experimenting. I thought it had to do with the length of the programme, but that may not be the only parameter.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will give that a try however I’m confused as to why our ability to record should be restricted.

That was the case until this weekend. At some point between Friday night and Monday the record stop time options changed.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation