cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Stop Times

Cowboy61
I've been here awhile

I am new to Rogers Ignite TV. I am an F1 fan and record all the races. I have noticed that you can only record for an extra 30 min after the scheduled stop time. Some races go longer due to circumstances. Is there a way to modify the stop time to 3 hours. I was previously with BELL and was able to do that with their system.

Please advise, F1 2023 is just around the corner.

Thanks

*** Edited Labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Recording Stop Times

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cowboy61 :

1. Since these are live events, Rogers IgniteTV is supposed to continue recording until it's over, but it doesn't always do so.

2. Set a series recording for Chequered Flag, which follows every race. You can add 30 minutes  to it and therefore have 1.5 hours after the end of the scheduled race time.  I'm not sure, but I believe I was able to add 1.5 hours to Chequered Flag (or Checkered Flag) last year to give me 2.5 hours after each race.

3. Interestingly, for some events/programming, it allows you to extend the recording by up to 1.5 hours instead of 30 minutes.  I'm not sure exactly what the criteria are for this, but perhaps it's how the programming is labelled, or the length of the programme itself.  For example, I have a series recording set for Formula E and it allowed me to extend by 1.5 hours.

4. I'm also an F1 fan, so, a day or two before the event,  I always check to see if there is an additional airing later on Sunday and I set a single recording for that "delayed" programme, which should then have all of the race.

5. I have found that the start times, programme names, etc for these events often change in the days leading up to the airing and I don't worry if they are "off" until the day before the event.  I always compare IgniteTV's guide to the TSN website schedule and the F1 website schedule.  The Ignite guide is much more accurate than Legacy Digital Cable was, but it does still have occasional problems.

Check out the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-Guide-amp-Recording-Issues/m-p/491328#M1378...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation