cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Disappears When Show Ends

Firewalker4
I've been here awhile

I have scheduled recordings for WWE Raw and WWE NXT on Sportsnet 360. While the shows are airing live I can see them in my Recordings tab and I can even start watching them. But as soon as the shows are done airing on Sportsnet they disappear from my Recordings tab and they're not in my Recently Deleted folder either. My Ignite box is around 90% full. This doesn't happen with any other shows or scheduled recordings. I've tried Sync PVR, Restart, I've tried deleting and rescheduling, and I've done a System Refresh. I am baffled and have no idea why this is happening or how to resolve it.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recording Disappears When Show Ends

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I don't have IgniteTV, but since the issue of missing recordings happens to many users, especially when the cloud-recording space used is often around 90% or greater, I'm hoping that this specific wrestling issue gets solved for the OP (even though I don't watch wrestling).

If you are allowed up to 200 HD hours of estimated recording time, anything under 95% used, shouldn't be so troublesome, as long as there are no other recordings about to begin while the OP's wrestling shows are recording. Yet for some reason, it's only those shows that start recording, but don't properly finalize (like a bad CD burn attempt), and thus disappear, or perhaps they are hiding in plain sight, on another device. Do you see a "Recorded On" section that might uncover the hiding place for the wrestling recordings?

When you set your wrestling recordings, do you use the Guide method, rather than a perhaps more error-prone method?

If you can duplicate the fail-to-finalize, disappearing wrestling content, with less than a 90% full cloud, and no other recordings going at the same time, or set to start during or right after the wrestling content aired, well, then the cloud recordings are too unreliable to trust.

If a 9pm cloud recording starts recording a bit earlier, and that then interferes with one of your wrestling shows ending around the same time, that would also be too annoying to deal with (I'm not saying that's how cloud recording works, but rather that I'm amazed that it works more often than it fails.

Firewalker4
I've been here awhile
I tried recording a repeat episode last night using one-time recording instead of series recording and the same thing happened. The show appeared on my recordings tab while it was airing and then disappeared as soon as the show was over on Sportsnet 360. It again doesn't even show under deleted recordings. It doesn't show on the Ignite TV app either.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
That's weird.

WWE NXT is on again at 7pm (on Sportsnet 360), so if another IgniteTV user tries a one-time recording, and it also fails, something needs to be done to fix the internal programme info, so it finishes the recording and makes it available to watch.

I recall cloud-recording bugs that showed the no-recording allowed icon for a Canadian, movie channel, but that bug was soon fixed.

It's Tag-team time for wrestling fans.

Firewalker4
I've been here awhile
The only other thing I can think of is that both programs aired on OLN instead of Sportsnet 360, at least their initial airing. I found this:

"Starting tonight, April 25th, Monday Night Raw is set to be pre-empted to OLN Canada through the next three weeks (April 25, May 2, and May 9). WWE's longest running episodic television show, which usually airs on Sportsnet 360, is being booted off the network due to scheduling conflicts."

Now that I think about it, I don't think any recording has saved since this disruption.

Hello, @Firewalker4 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your findings regarding this recording issue.

Can you try recording the program on OLN this Monday to see if the same issue is occurring? 

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Firewalker4
I've been here awhile
It only aired on OLN temporarily a few weeks ago. What I ended up doing because I ran out of ideas is I swapped out Sportsnet 360 for another channel and then swapped it back. The recording actually saved last night for the first time in weeks.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation