cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-connecting paired Bluetooth headphones.

Mafia-Mom
I've been here awhile

I’ve already paired a set of Bluetooth headphones and they work fine. The problem is when I shut the tv off and turn the tv on the next day, the headphones do not automatically connect. I have to go back to audio settings and forget them and pair them once again. The connect option just gives me an error message. Is there an easier way of doing this instead of jumping through these hoops?

Thanks.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re-connecting paired Bluetooth headphones.

Mafia-Mom
I've been here awhile

I think I solved my problem somewhat. I have a set of Anker Soundcore Q30’s which are able to pair with two devices so I paired them up with the bedroom box and then the living room box. I noticed that when I shut off the tv the headphones were still connected and emitting sound meaning the box was still on. I went into settings on both boxes and chose “Forget”, re-set the headphones and paired them up again with just one box. I shut the tv off and headphones for a few minutes and turned the tv back on and turned on the headphones and voila! they auto-connected! I will try again tomorrow when the box does shut off. Would be nice if I could reconnect with both boxes but this will work for now. C6AC63BF-8B9B-4515-BBCA-AF16A1CF0ABD.jpeg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersZia

Good evening @Mafia-Mom,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've definitely come to the right place! In order to best assist you can you please elaborate a little more on your set up? Are the headphones connected to the TV? What kind of headphones/TV do you have? Do the headphones lose connection in the same manner with the other devices too?

@-G-, do you have anything to share?

RogersZia

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia  Sorry, I don't use Bluetooth headphones so I don't have much to share here.

The Xi6 set-top box can be paired with up to seven Bluetooth devices but only one can be connected at a time.  If another device connects after you disconnect your headphones, your headphones will not be able to re-connect until that other device disconnects.

The Xfinity support forum also has threads where users have reported that they cannot even get their Bluetooth devices to connect.  Interoperability issues are not unheard of but I also don't see a huge number of people reporting problems either.

@Mafia-Mom  You said that you get an error message when you try to connect your headphones.  Was this an on-screen message from your Ignite set-top box?  If so, what did the message say and what was the error code that was associated with it?  Also, what is the make/model of your headphones?  Have you tried searching the Internet to see if anybody else with those headphones has reported problems connecting or reconnecting to a Comcast Xfinity TV Xi6 set-top box?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, here's the Bluetooth pairing support article from Comcast's web site: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-pair-tv-box-with-bluetooth

@Mafia-Mom  Have you tried rebooting your Ignite set-top box to see if that will also allow your headphones to reconnect?  I'm not suggesting this as a fix; just wondering if it allows the pairing to complete.  (To do this, press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then select "Restart".)

ve3tej
I plan to stick around

My wife has had the same problem.

She has to repair them every time she wants to use headphones

Mafia-Mom
I've been here awhile

I think I solved my problem somewhat. I have a set of Anker Soundcore Q30’s which are able to pair with two devices so I paired them up with the bedroom box and then the living room box. I noticed that when I shut off the tv the headphones were still connected and emitting sound meaning the box was still on. I went into settings on both boxes and chose “Forget”, re-set the headphones and paired them up again with just one box. I shut the tv off and headphones for a few minutes and turned the tv back on and turned on the headphones and voila! they auto-connected! I will try again tomorrow when the box does shut off. Would be nice if I could reconnect with both boxes but this will work for now. C6AC63BF-8B9B-4515-BBCA-AF16A1CF0ABD.jpeg

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation