cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REV TV Audio Issues

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Starting recently there have been audio issues on REV TV. Initially I thought it was just my recording of "The Inside Line" yesterday, however, it's happening again on live REV TV today and a subsequent recording of The Inside Line.

The audio issues are clicks, pops every second or so, and audio ups and downs (fluctuations).  This only happens on REV TV that I can tell.  The issue sounds much worse on my Audio Video Receiver (home theatre) than on my wife's TV. It also is not so bad if I stream on my iPad.  This is probably because the frequency response on my speakers in my home theatre is much better than a TV or iPad.

This issue is recent because I recorded several programmes on REV TV last week without issues.

Edit - I just realized that I had a number of recordings of "Barn Find Hunter". My recording on April 30 was fine. My recording on May 3 has the issue.

***Edited Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: REV TV Audio Issues

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I contacted REV TV yesterday via their website and the issue appears to be resolved. I've only had a chance to watch about 10 minutes in my home theatre, but the audio seemed to be OK.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately this issue has returned. The clicks and pops occur every second or so and makes programming unwatchable.  It's on recent recordings, as well as live TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought I'd provide some additional information regarding this audio issue:

1. The issue is clicks and pops and audio fluctuations on some programming recently.
  2. The following programming is affected and can be viewed on-demand on Rogers IgniteTV:

- MotoGP Racing: France: Sprint race (the first few minutes of that recording before the MotoGP programming.)

- Indy NXT Series: St. Petersburg race (the entire programme)

- Barn Find Hunter on May 13/14. (Barn Find Hunter previous to May 12 was mostly OK from what I can tell from my recordings)

1. Yesterday when I tuned to REVTV channel live, a lot of the programming had the issue:
  2. I watch REVTV on Rogers IgniteTV in Toronto on Channel 540, but mostly record programming or watch on-demand, rarely live.
  3. The issue is much worse on my Home Theatre Audio Video Receiver.  It is not as noticeable on my iPad, or on my wife’s TV speakers.

Hello, @57 

Thanks so much for reporting this issue to us. I have forwarded it to our support team.

We will need some additional details from you to escalate this properly. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony : Thanks for your offer of assistance. I'm not sure how Rogers is going to help, other than by contacting REVTV, which I have done directly.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with REVTV. As indicated in my previous post, point 2, if you do a voice command (or search) for "MotoGP Racing, Sprint Race (France)" that programme has the issue at the start of the "recording" for 5 minutes while the lead in commercials are on before the actual sprint race, but then when the actual sprint race programming starts 5 minutes in, the issue goes away.  I'm not sure how long that particular race will be available OD.  There is other programming that behaves in a similar manner, or has the issue for the entire programme (like IndyCar NXT series: St Petersburg).

The clicks and pops are only evident on a high quality home theatre with AVR. The clicks and pops are very loud and the programme is unwatchable.  I can make a video with an audio track if desired.  When I listen to the programme on my wife's TV or on my computer or iPad, it only manifests itself through fluctuations in the audio level every second or so and the clicks and pops are not (as) evident.  Most REVTV programming is just fine and all other IgniteTV channels are just fine.

Edit: I just found out why the clicks and pops are only evident on my Home Theatre,  It's because the audio output on the STB is set to "Expert".  If I change it to "Stereo" the clicks and pops are not as evident and I only hear the audio fluctuations.

I just got Rogers Ignite TV and I am noticing the exact same issue with REVTV which is how I found your post. I have it set to output in stereo to my TV which is set to stereo and I have it connected to a stereo amplifier via optical audio. The sound seems like it dips in waves very close together, and there are occasional pops and clicks. At first I thought it was just the program I was watching at the time but I have had the channel on for a while and it is persisting. I also sent a message to REVTV directly to put another voice on this issue. If there's anything I can provide to get this resolved I am happy to.

@Rhino_Jockey : Thank you so much for confirming.  It doesn't affect every programme, however, recently it has started to affect more and more. I have tried to post a brief video (with audio) below.  If it doesn't work, I'll make another post later.

Rhino_Jockey
I'm here a lot
My father has Bell and watches REVTV often. I'll ask him tomorrow to see if he is noticing the same issue.

Some people may not notice, if they watch on a TV for example.  Also, since not every programme is affected, you may wish to provide the programmes I have mentioned in a previous post - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/REV-TV-Audio-Issues/m-p/507888/highlight/true#M17002

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I tried uploading an .mov file taken with my iPhone earlier and it would not play on most browsers, although it would play on Safari (Apple friendly?).  I shall now try to upload the same video converted to .mp4, as recommended by a moderator.  Let's hope this works. The video is only 8 seconds, but you should be clearly able to hear the clicks and snaps and the variable audio.  You can replay the video if you missed the issues the first time.

Edit - Looks like this video only plays using Safari as well.  Moderators are aware of the issue and we hope they find a resolution.  I don't see many videos on this forum...  If it were necessary, I could upload the video to a video sharing website and include a link...

@Rhino_Jockey wrote:  My father has Bell and watches REVTV often. 

Did your father notice the same issues?

For the past few days the issue seems to be fixed. Let's hope it's permanently fixed this time.

@CommunityHelps : The videos I included in some recent posts still won't play properly in Chrome or FF...

Hello, @57 

We're glad to hear that this issue seems to be fixed.

We have reported the issues you are facing when trying to upload a video to our support team. I am hopeful this will be resolved soon.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

RogersTony

He watches through TV speakers so he didn't notice. I'll be going there soon and will check it out if it's not resolved already, haven't had a chance to check it out again on my own system.
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation