cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the Ignite TV Bundle

gdpetr
I've been around

Can I add a channel to a Flex bundle? The bundle I am interested in does not include CNN; however, it is available on the Rogers network (as part of a larger, more expensive bundle). Can I choose to add this single channel to an existing Flex bundle or must I select the larger bundle that includes it as part of the package?

For the home phone bundled in the Ignite packages, what is included? Local only? Is there an unlimited local + Canada-wide (long distance) available? How is the Ignite service different from the current "Home Phone" package?

In the bundles most Internet is 500 Mbps. My current setup is 150 Mbps & I am content with the speeds (up & down) that is provided. Can I get a slower speed (at less cost?) or must I oversubscribe to a speed/bandwidth that I cannot use?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Questions about the Ignite TV Bundle

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gdpetr wrote:

1. Can I add a channel to a Flex bundle? The bundle I am interested in does not include CNN; however, it is available on the Rogers network (as part of a larger, more expensive bundle). Can I choose to add this single channel to an existing Flex bundle or must I select the larger bundle that includes it as part of the package?

2. For the home phone bundled in the Ignite packages, what is included? Local only? Is there an unlimited local + Canada-wide (long distance) available? How is the Ignite service different from the current "Home Phone" package?

3. In the bundles most Internet is 500 Mbps. My current setup is 150 Mbps & I am content with the speeds (up & down) that is provided. Can I get a slower speed (at less cost?) or must I oversubscribe to a speed/bandwidth that I cannot use?

1. CNN is included as an "included" channel or a flex channel for any bundle I looked at except for the starter bundle. Go to Rogers webpage, Click Shop, Click IgniteTV, put in your address, Click the Channels tab and you'll see all the channels that are included or not included in various packages. It'll also show you the standalone price, which for CNN is $7/mo.  There is also a Theme pack tab that you can browse.

2. Go to Shop - Home Phone. This information is all included there.  If you want unlimited North American calling it's $10/mo.  Canada is $5/mo.   Home phone is $10 added to the Ignite bundle.   Ignite doesn't have a separate home phone modem and therefore the connection to your home phones may be different and may be at a different location.  Everything is handled by the IgniteTV "Gateway". If you have existing phone jacks, it's usually possible to "backfeed" these from the Gateway, however, things can get complicated if you have an alarm system that utilizes your home phone.  For cordless phones you simply plug the base into the Gateway.

3. When I looked at the bundles after logging in as indicated in item 1 above, there were options for 1Gb, 500 mbps and 150 mbps in a dropdown.  The 150 option was $20/mo less (than 500) when I clicked the speed dropdown.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Questions about the Ignite TV Bundle

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gdpetr wrote:

1. Can I add a channel to a Flex bundle? The bundle I am interested in does not include CNN; however, it is available on the Rogers network (as part of a larger, more expensive bundle). Can I choose to add this single channel to an existing Flex bundle or must I select the larger bundle that includes it as part of the package?

2. For the home phone bundled in the Ignite packages, what is included? Local only? Is there an unlimited local + Canada-wide (long distance) available? How is the Ignite service different from the current "Home Phone" package?

3. In the bundles most Internet is 500 Mbps. My current setup is 150 Mbps & I am content with the speeds (up & down) that is provided. Can I get a slower speed (at less cost?) or must I oversubscribe to a speed/bandwidth that I cannot use?

1. CNN is included as an "included" channel or a flex channel for any bundle I looked at except for the starter bundle. Go to Rogers webpage, Click Shop, Click IgniteTV, put in your address, Click the Channels tab and you'll see all the channels that are included or not included in various packages. It'll also show you the standalone price, which for CNN is $7/mo.  There is also a Theme pack tab that you can browse.

2. Go to Shop - Home Phone. This information is all included there.  If you want unlimited North American calling it's $10/mo.  Canada is $5/mo.   Home phone is $10 added to the Ignite bundle.   Ignite doesn't have a separate home phone modem and therefore the connection to your home phones may be different and may be at a different location.  Everything is handled by the IgniteTV "Gateway". If you have existing phone jacks, it's usually possible to "backfeed" these from the Gateway, however, things can get complicated if you have an alarm system that utilizes your home phone.  For cordless phones you simply plug the base into the Gateway.

3. When I looked at the bundles after logging in as indicated in item 1 above, there were options for 1Gb, 500 mbps and 150 mbps in a dropdown.  The 150 option was $20/mo less (than 500) when I clicked the speed dropdown.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation