Questions about PODS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Questions about PODS

I just got the ignite tv bundle and everything seems to work okay. I got two ignite pods that I tried to install in the basement and the top floor since the gateway modem is on the main floor. I downloaded the ignite wifi hub app on my phone and follow the directions sent to me from Rogers but I can't even get pass the first page. As soon as I signed into my rogers account it wants me to activate the modem gateway which is already activated and working. I didn't want to go any further of re-activating which who knows what can happen, maybe take my modem offline. The page that "should" show up after I logged into the app was a picture my gateway and option to add devices which I don't get. Any ideas to install these pods?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Questions about PODS

@goju wrote:

I just got the ignite tv bundle and everything seems to work okay. I got two ignite pods that I tried to install in the basement and the top floor since the gateway modem is on the main floor.

I can only help you a little bit since I don't have Ignite WiFi Pods and don't use the Ignite WiFi Hub app either.

I downloaded the ignite wifi hub app on my phone and follow the directions sent to me from Rogers but I can't even get pass the first page. As soon as I signed into my rogers account it wants me to activate the modem gateway which is already activated and working. I didn't want to go any further of re-activating which who knows what can happen, maybe take my modem offline. The page that "should" show up after I logged into the app was a picture my gateway and option to add devices which I don't get. Any ideas to install these pods?

To install the Pods, you must use the Ignite WiFi Hub mobile app so, you will need to do whatever you need to do to get the app initialized and logged into your Rogers account.  In order to install Pods, your XB6 modem also needs to be in gateway mode; you cannot install or use Pods if Bridge Mode has been enabled.

If you are unsure about anything, feel free to contact Rogers Tech Support or reach out to the @CommunityHelps  team by sending them a PM.

Don't worry too much about putting your modem into a bad state.  You always have the option of performing a Factory Reset and then configuring your modem again from scratch.