cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about PODS

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

I had PODS installed today and am not sure I understand how they work.  I was having issues with one of my TVs that was furthest away from the modem, but the tech placed the pod for that TV further away from the modem than where my TV and box are currently.

1.  How does that increase the connectivity when the TV/box is drawing the signal from a pod further away from the modem that the box was?

2.  When I walk around the house, my phone stays locked on the main modem at all times.  Is it not dynamic?

3.  When I speed test the main modem, I get 500+.  But the pods speed is around 25.  The tech told me that the speed test for pods is not compatible with the main modem.  I really didn't understand this.

thanks for any explanation.

*** Edited Labels ***

55 REPLIES 55

Re: Questions about PODS

elalfym2003
I've been around

Hi , I would like to order WiFi Pods .

Hello, @elalfym2003

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

The community is a peer-to-peer support platform where users come to get advice from other users. 

Are you experiencing issues with the WiFi connectivity in your home? The placement of your modem has an effect on how strong the WiFi signal will be inside your home. Please check out our knowledge base article on Where to Place Your Modem.

Let us know if you notice any improvement after attempting to relocate the modem to a central location in your home.

RogersTony

intcountzero
I plan to stick around
I get the same behavior. Regardless of the band, you'd think a device would get a stronger signal by a physically closer device, especially if that device has no walls or obstacles. Mesh systems seem to work on this principle + daisy chain the connection. The pods appear not to work this way.

Epitomalist
I've been around
Is there any possible way to set a device to connect to the gateway as opposed to one of the pods?

Good day @Epitomalist,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thanks for your post. We know how important it is to connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network at home.

However, I don't think we can differentiate, its based on signal strength. Devices will connect to whichever device has the stronger signal in that location, either the pod or the gateway.

Have you thought of relocating your modem to a more central location?

RogersMaude

Why do my pods keep turning off?

Greetings @Linndavidson!

Welcome to our Community!

Are all your pods turning off simultaneously or are they turning off at random, independently of one another? Are they connected to a power bar or directly to a wall outlet?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Mc0831
I've been here awhile

They're actually free. Call Rogers and ask for them.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mc0831 wrote:

They're actually free. Call Rogers and ask for them.

The pods are not free from what I was told, however there might be specific customer promotions that make them no cost to certain customers.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Unless something has changed, I believe Ignite customers can get 2 free pods initially, and possibly more if required. This is what I was told when I was migrated to Ignite several weeks ago. The tech who came to drop off the equipment even asked if I wanted pods (and he confirmed they were free) but I declined since I had no intention of using them.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
My 3 pods were free. I just said I needed more reach.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:
My 3 pods were free. I just said I needed more reach.

like I said earlier, FREE in some specific situations, but overall the website mentions a price for the pods.  Check your rogers bill, you will probably see the pods on your bill with a price, but you will see a credit to offset the cost to make it free.

Charl1
I've been here awhile

POD wont come out ;(.... Find another outlet not against the wall.. Reeeeaaaallly

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Charl1 wrote:

POD wont come out ;(.... Find another outlet not against the wall.. Reeeeaaaallly

I don't understand.  Are you saying that your Ignite Pod is stuck in a wall outlet and that you cannot unplug it?

Topic Stats